• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What are gas Rc restrictions on International Flights?

416pnoy

Hi guys=)

I wanna thank everyone who replied to my previous post.

Just another Q here, What are the restrictions of Gas Rc's on International flights?

Has anyone here took a massive sized gas powered Rc on an International flight? Im planning to take the XT with me on my vacation to Asia (Phils) I did check the AirCanada website and under the " Gas Powered Devices" section items such as Chainsaw, Weedwackers are allowed as long as they are in it's original packaging and brand new condition.

Is RC allowed at all? carry on or check in baggage?

Custom officers tend to wanna see if devices work such as laptops, should I keep the battery on or out?

viperaider

drain and remove all possible fuel. remove all batteries and group together. If you think it will be a problem remove all fuel lines and buy another rung of them to be installed later.

viperaider

What about their engine, carburetor and exhaust? It all is laden with fuel residue as well. to answer your question i would ask directly. No one here is a security agent for airlines i would suspect.

Last edited by a moderator:

erdoganog

a bit late but i would have said dissemble carb exhaust filter batteries fuel tank dry them out completely outside

clean with maybe brake clean? or similar [not sure if that would damage]

zip lock bag it all the parts keep them all together with the truck so if they see its RC related parts and not some other..

and you can't take it with you in cabin btw so make sure you package it right so nothing breaks

i had a family friend who bought a house in istanbul took most of his power tools and what not w/o any issues

ALSO you could just buy new fuel tank and lines won't cost you much and as for the carb it should drain out if you dissemble it..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.