• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

WANT TO CHANGE THE 6v HUMP PACK TO LIPO! ANY SUGG???

98cruiser

I have an MT, but was thinking of changing the hump pack to lipo to last longer, is this possible?? Would the mess up my servos or can I keep the stock servos????? Where would I get them and how much? Thanks guys!!!

GoffeeRedCat

the killer RC lipo receiver is the best!!! I have one my self, and it livens up the servos. the stock servos are garbage...they don't even last with the stock hump pack. so therefore change the stockers

98cruiser

GoffeeRedCat said:
the killer RC lipo receiver is the best!!! I have one my self, and it livens up the servos. the stock servos are garbage...they don't even last with the stock hump pack. so therefore change the stockers
Thanks goffee, but which one is the right one? I don't want to buy the wrong one and make sure it fits inside the box. What's the part#?

rampage idiot

I know RCDAD has all that stuff on one of his but I thought you had to go to different servos to handle 7.4v, what servos are you running Goffee

GoffeeRedCat

I'm running hitec 5755 and 5625... I emailed kent at killer rc and he said they will run perfectly fine with high voltage!! I havent had any problems with them at all... I use the 6000 mah...I know rcdad uses the 7200mah you really can't go wrong with either

98cruiser

rampage idiot said:
I know RCDAD has all that stuff on one of his but I thought you had to go to different servos to handle 7.4v, what servos are you running Goffee
Thanks RC, I did buy a Hitec 577, something like that 2 yrs ago, I was under the impression 1 can control the steering by it self????? I still need to find the single steering arm. I see some pics but they say dual steering?? I did order a digital metal servo for throttle, I figure I would I stall all the same time!

Chief409

I picked up one of the Killer RC LiFe packs a while ago, it will fit in the Dune Runner RX box.

krashkrieg

Contributor
GoffeeRedCat said:
I'm running hitec 5755 and 5625... I emailed kent at killer rc and he said they will run perfectly fine with high voltage!! I havent had any problems with them at all... I use the 6000 mah...I know rcdad uses the 7200mah you really can't go wrong with either
I stand corrected....good to know

Darens

Eerybody is wondering about the servos, but what i want to know is, will the receiver take the extra voltage. Planning on changing over the the flysky soon as well.

GoffeeRedCat

Darens said:
Eerybody is wondering about the servos, but what i want to know is, will the receiver take the extra voltage. Planning on changing over the the flysky soon as well.
The receiver will take the extra voltage with no problems!! I also run a flysky tx/rx

G

If you have the MT with dual servos, you have the small battery box. The Killer RC lipos won't fit that box.

brad1161

has anyone fit a lipo into the (dual servo) battery box. If so what? part numbers are great. I don't wnat to change my 645mg throttle servo. Think it will last on 7.4 lipo?

brad1161

98cruiser said:
Thanks RC, I did buy a Hitec 577, something like that 2 yrs ago, I was under the impression 1 can control the steering by it self????? I still need to find the single steering arm. I see some pics but they say dual steering?? I did order a digital metal servo for throttle, I figure I would I stall all the same time!
Why do you need to change the servo arm? i just removed the linkage when one of the stockers took a crap. works good

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts