• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

walbro WT-990 or WT-1107

celm

I am looking into doing a carburetor in my Rampage XB and Rampage MT. I see the Walbro WT-990 which has no choke and I see the Walbro WT-1107 which says in the specs:
  • This is the stock carburetor used for the G320RC engine, and will also work on other Zenoah/CY engine applications.
  • Carburetor specs: Walbro WT-990. 15.88mm bore, 13.5mm venturi, independent tunable high and low speed jets
Walbro WT1107

So is this carb pretty much the 990 which a choke?

Deluge

I believe the venturi on the 990 is 12.7mm. So the venturi on the 1107 is a little bigger. There are probably some internal changes, as well like metering, etc.

PrjctStrtFrce

Just because there is a bigger venturi, doesn't necessarily mean more power...if the IM and head are not matched to the same size hole. It will have more power, but not as much if everything was matched up. .02

Deluge

I would say get the WT-990 if you're still running a stock engine. Walbro 990's work well on both stock and modified engines, and they're not too finicky to tune. I personally don't have any experience with the big bore carbs, but I would assume they'd be better suited for modified engines that can take advantage of the larger bore and the adjusted metering.

kydo32

how hard is the 990 to start without a choke? what are other carb you can use on mt that has a choke?

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

The 990 is easy to start once you figure out TS secrets. Use a 4" x 6" plastic bag to choke it when it's cold out.

sportyy

WT-990, I have a Rampage MT will that carburetor just Bolt on my 32cc motor?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.