• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Walbro WT-990 disappointed.

Stygian

Banned
BertR said:
try your low speed needle counter clockwise .. let the car warm up then try it and wait 5 seconds after each movement to see if the motor catches up with the change in needle movement.
K, I will give that a shot in the morning.

MrMeatHooks

Hey, I'm curious, about a couple of things... First, is there a raw fuel smell coming from the exhaust? If not, is there a choke on this Carb? Just getting some facts in order to help. I don't have experience in 1/5th RC, but I do in small engines, weedwhackers and chainsaws for examples.

Stygian

Banned
lol yeah I'm getting there it's firing up with no issues and running smoothly just a few kinks to work out, and no it does no have a choke

MrMeatHooks

I was looking at that Carb, have you figured out, or know why it was giving you issues? Everything I have read, shows positive feedback on that Carb. Just want to know before, if I buy one.

Stygian

Banned
I haven't figured it out yet but I'm sure I will sooner or later, I have ordered another one it seems to be a great carb, I also have the 645 throttle/brake servo that could be part of the issue so I dunno I will be able to work on it more tomorrow weekdays are pretty busy for me, If I was you I would go ahead and order one, gizmomotors has them really cheap but they are out of stock right now ddm has them for $55

blak__jak

a little off subject but if you want a cheap useful stand I made mine out of milk crates. you can pick up lazy susan bearings at any lowes. mount them between a couple pieces of scrap plywood and then to the crate glue on a piece of carpet and you've got yourself a simple rotating stand for six or seven bucks. a nice thing is you can stack the crates for working ether sitting or standing and when you get ready to go bashing just flip it over and use it to carry all the crap you have to take with you. i'd guess if you're 6'9' you may need 4 crates to work standing up.

Last edited by a moderator:

blak__jak

stygian I see you already have the milk crates so you're half way there. just go to lowes or someplace similar and ask for 8'' lazy susan bearings. most places like that carry them.

Stygian

Banned
Thanks I'm heading there now after we leave Costco lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts