• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Walbro WT-990 disappointed.

Stygian

Banned
So I waited two weeks for this carb when I get it and finally get it on my MT the truck will not start now no matter what not even a sign of wanting to start, put the carb that came with the truck on it one pull and it wants to start. Very disappointed in this carb will be calling gizmomotors and requesting a refund and sending it back.

RampageCrazy26cc

Stygian said:
I can't think of anything that I haven't tried.
its either you just got a bad carb,or there something wrong somewhere.

are the needles set right? just asking.

Stygian

Banned
Needles are set right I made sure of that and if it's a bad carb im going to be super pissed cause I had to wait 2weeks for this carb and everyone was saying how good it is. I took the plug out and the plug was bone dry but im getting spark, it's a bran new plug and not a stock one.

RampageCrazy26cc

Stygian said:
Needles are set right I made sure of that and if it's a bad carb im going to be super pissed cause I had to wait 2weeks for this carb and everyone was saying how good it is. I took the plug out and the plug was bone dry but im getting spark, it's a bran new plug and not a stock one.
yea i would be pissed to,

is gas comeing though the carb? or the fuel lines?

Stygian

Banned
Sergio, yes I reset them.

Crazy, yes gas is going through the line because it's priming. As of now I'm really not happy at all with redcat products every rc car I have bought from them has been defective. If I can't get this running by this weekend, im def. selling all my 1/5ths made by redcat and buying something more reliable.

RampageCrazy26cc

Stygian said:
Sergio, yes I reset them.Crazy, yes gas is going through the line because it's priming. As of now I'm really not happy at all with redcat products every rc car I have bought from them has been defective. If I can't get this running by this weekend, im def. selling all my 1/5ths made by redcat and buying something more reliable.
yea i been there with a tmaxx 3.3,sold the 3.3 and put the tmaxx on the shelf.its been there for about 6-7 years now.

have you tryed spraying some ether in the carb to see if it would even try to start.

Stygian

Banned
I don't have any ether or I would try that, really disliking carbs with out chokes lol. What really sucks is I love this truck.

redthomas

Well redcat doesn't make that Carb.. if it was on a losi 5 it still wouldn't run..you said the stock starts one pull..that's score one for redcat, but they didn't make that either.

Stygian

Banned
redthomas said:
Well redcat doesn't make that Carb.. if it was on a losi 5 it still wouldn't run..you said the stock starts one pull..that's score one for redcat, but they didn't make that either.
I said it trys to start, and the I have had to replace the stock carb on my XB all im saying is I have read and seen more things go wrong with redcat rc's than any other brand. I honestly think the MT is the best 1/5th scale out there I just love it and it sucks having this issue. I did add a killer bee kill switch, could that possiblely be causing the issue?

andyken

My 990...argh

Runs great...once started.

I had to use starting fluid or gas in the plug hole to start it.

Once running it rips!

The stock filter must not seal well enough to just cover it with your hand to choke it.

Now after a new allum intake, velocity stack, and dt1 filter I can start it ...butt

I have to remove the filter, cover my velocity stack with one hand and pull once or twice.

Reassemble [hose clamp] and it's going.

I have not tried the plastic bag trick yet.

I have a few rc friends with 5b's, one will start no problem and another gave up and went back to stock.

I hear a richer low needle helps for start up as well.

andyken

A loose connection will cause killer b issues.

Last year I had a "bump stop" feature.

Every hard bump killed the motor, and then no start.

If I smacked the battery box, the killer b beeped and it would start.

I turned out the antenna wire on my rx was not soldered well/broken.

New $15 rx all set.

RampageCrazy26cc

Stygian said:
I said it trys to start, and the I have had to replace the stock carb on my XB all im saying is I have read and seen more things go wrong with redcat rc's than any other brand. I honestly think the MT is the best 1/5th scale out there I just love it and it sucks having this issue. I did add a killer bee kill switch, could that possiblely be causing the issue?
unhook the killer bee and see what happens.

Stygian

Banned
andyken said:
My 990...arghRuns great...once started.

I had to use starting fluid or gas in the plug hole to start it.

Once running it rips!

The stock filter must not seal well enough to just cover it with your hand to choke it.

Now after a new allum intake, velocity stack, and dt1 filter I can start it ...butt

I have to remove the filter, cover my velocity stack with one hand and pull once or twice.

Reassemble [hose clamp] and it's going.

I have not tried the plastic bag trick yet.

I have a few rc friends with 5b's, one will start no problem and another gave up and went back to stock.

I hear a richer low needle helps for start up as well.
Yeah that just seems such a big hassle :(

When I turn on the card the killer beeps 3 short beeps then a longer beep, is that normal and according to the manual I want both dipswitches up.

I also have the same type of filter as you do, I will try what you said you have to do in the morning and see if that helps.

P.S

Sorry if it seems I'm just complaining just having one of those days.

Last edited by a moderator:

redthomas

Yes.. it can kill fire to the motor preventing it from starting..have you tried a shot of ether in the Carb. Or a shot of gas.if it fires then the carbs not getting fuel to the motor. If it doesn't fire then bypass the fail safe and try again. Also did you make sure your plug is gapped correctly,just cause its a new plug doesn't mean its right.. Those are really the only 3 factors in a 2 stroke running. One last thing. I had a instance once where my throttle got reversed. I pulled for 30 mins wandering what was wrong cause mine start easy every time. Turned out. That little bit of forward throttle the servo gave the truck to start, when reversed it was killing the truck. Good luck, if all else fails take it to your local lawnmower shop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts