• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Victory Big Bore Side Exhaust

G

Good Luck!

Chief409

RCDAD said:
Good Luck!
Thanks. but...

Just need to get the equipment required to handle 3X stock power. "Good Luck" is applicable, with all the WEIRD stuff I ran into. Just part of the "Going where no one has gone before". So V4 of the "Mad Max" progresses.

When I race, I don't plan on losing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

Just got back from the sand. Had a blast, until it stopped just I was getting ready to head it back to the truck after 20 minutes or so (sand place is a dry river bed this time of the year, with banks). Checked, bulb is full of fuel, no I didn't hit the switch for the Super Bee, pulled on the starter, nope, crap I gotta lug this thing. Killed a couple bottles of water, it's hot, and started looking closer at things. And, the one battery I forgot to charge last night is dead, the transmitter. Oh well, back to the shop.

But the buggy ran like a champ, though it was boggy off the line due to being rich, but I was having too much fun on that first tank to stop! For that or the GoPro!

BertR

Heck yeah!! If you have the fun rollin.. don't stop for anything! Good to hear its all in running order! By the way where did you pick up the CF gear plate.

Chief409

A couple of pictures from the bearing failure that wiped out the 1:1 belt dirve.

The bearing.

The belt drive.

Before I took everything apart, but I needed BIG cutters to get the belt and cover off. Melted down! And the plastic idler pully went away! Nothing but a flange.

After repairs, with the little 5b.

Chief409

Got my Major PITA job at work almost completed. Should be done tomorrow. A first for me. I'm a radio and computer guy. Not construction. Guess I am now though. Had to install 1500' of replacement buried telephone cable down the middle of a USFS road. Without limiting access. With one helper. With a 24KV buried power cable I needed to cross. And other assorted things. Like monsoon weather, and another major site going down. Twice. Then pulling the cable underneath the railroad tracks. Without disturbing train traffic on a busy mainline. Lots of overtime, over 30 hours, and the government took 2/3 in taxes. Which is why I hate OT. A long, hot, sunburned 2 weeks.

Now I can get back to running the buggies. One I need to break in the engine, then both to the sand place this weekend. ALL batteries are charged, and so am I. Should have a video, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.