• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Victory Big Bore Side Exhaust

Chief409

Built for the 30.5 modified engines. Dyno data looks promising. Looking at the picture of one mounted on a 5b, it looks doable on a Dune Runner, without having to modify the roll cage. Not pretty, but pretty gets dinged in the dirt. And they run along the right side of the buggy, out of the way, tucked in. DDM has them for $219 and free shipping.

http://www.davesmotors.com/fd21xx

Chief409

After 5 minutes dirt running, I can't tell what color the body is, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

GTS 666

I run one on my 5T Baja. I have the unsilenced one backed behind a 4 bolt 30.5 Zen with a ESP championship head lightend fly wheel and 813 Walbro carb. It is a great comb for the 5T. It is with out a doubt the loudest of my cars and echoes the neighbour hood. I love it Lol.

Chief409

I have a OBR Race Port 30.5 2 mm stroker 2 bolt kit on the bench and have been looking at pipes for a while now for it. I haven't seen any bad about the performance of this one, and the side pipe (unsilenced, of course, keeps the rattlers out of the area :) ) looks like it would fit the DR without much hassle.

G

Looks like it bends tight enough to stay in front of the shock tower. You would just need to make a bracket for the front to the chassis.

Chief409

Has a flex pipe coupling so there some wiggle room there, too. I have some heavy gauge sheet metal (old RR sign), metal snips, drill press for the Demerol, files, rubber mallet and a vice. Metal brackets I can do.

So I just ordered the Victory unsilenced pipe, some heat wrap (just in case) and a couple of exhaust gaskets. No high temp paint though, always liked the "Mad Max" look! I'm still looking for a couple 1/5 scale "Ma Duce's" to replace the light buckets on the cage! :eek: :D

Here's hoping it'll fit.

Chief409

Need all the "grunt" you can get with a 1:1 belt drive on the Dune Runner. My home brew exhaust works pretty darn good, but I have the OBM Race Port stroker 2 bolt kit on the bench, waiting to be built. And waiting for Demon RC to get the 2 speed tranny out, not mentioning the fun of discovery!

Chief409

We're in the San Fran Bay right now, FedEx was delivering the pipe Friday, put a hold on that, I'll pick it up when we get home.

Chief409

I just got back home from the trip up north, and picked up the Victory RC Big Bore pipe at FedEx, but it isn't a Big Bore, it's a standard pipe. Mislabeled plastic bag is my guess. Called and left a voice mail at DDM about this.

However, with the pipe and all the parts in the plastic bag and trial fitting it, it appears there shouldn't be many problems mounting the Victory RC unsilenced side pipe on the Dune Runner.

YEAH, a pipe for a Dune Runner without major mods to the roll cage required!

Chief409

Talked with DDM about the VRC pipe. Seems VRC was having a problem with their vendor who made the tags for the Big Bore pipes. So now the Big Bore pipes have the print label, same as the standard pipes. Suggested a logo or something be added to the print label to identify the Big Bores. Otherwise, unless you have another VRC pipe to compare it to, or the dimensions, you can't tell them apart. The Big Bore has larger dimensions then the standard pipes to accommodate 30.5 cc and heavily modified larger engines.

Later, the pipe will be out of the bag! :)

G

Get it mounted! It going to be a huge improvement for ya!

markrufrider

chief i got a big bore vrc pipe mounted on my dr and its the balls nuts look out when the power band kicks in amazing power you wont be disappointed only down side youl have to mount a new bracket on chassis at front of roll cage and the dr cover is a bugger to pull on and of with the pipe so youl have to keep taking the nut of the pipe and lift it up to take body cover off but its minor really

Chief409

Pipe is mounted, fabbed a mount to the chassis. Not hard to do. And the OBR Prostroke WOKE UP! Getting the body out of the way isn't too much of a problem, but one of the changes I'm making this weekend is putting in a HPI Rx battery with a Molex plug so I'll be able to charge the Rx battery without too much effort.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.