• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

velocity stack with choke for walbro 990

Sergio

I Just look at my stock manifold dude The threads are there but at The very end of The hole so you are rigth you do need longer screws so they can grab The stock manifold is not threaded all The way. Why not put it The way it Came so you can at least run it.

kbreaux100

yeh im gonna have too,im starting my new job so will have to wait till the weekend to run anyway.ive ordered new hardware from ddm that is 5mm longer so hopefully i will get em by the weekend and theyll be the right size. thanks for your help, you really made me feel better! thought i had some wacky defective manifold! hah ha

Sergio

kbreaux100 said:
thanks sergio, i would appreciate it. i think from looking at pictures,and without taking my manifold completely off cuz i don't have extra gasket, i figured this out. the other side of the manifold,the motor side, has a nut that is meshed into the plastic so you can thread in the screws. either way, my screws definitely do not reach this, as the threads are 9mm inside the hole
Yup exacly what you said man.

kbreaux100

yeh i actually hauled butt after work today,got the old filter bolted back,took off to the bash spot, and.....wind was soo bad i had to close my eyes and was getting pelted with rocks and sand. couldnt run for more than 2 minutes. its almost like God is testing me to see how badly i really want to run this buggy! its insane

Dreggsta

Chief409 said:
Stay away from prefilters with the DT1 unless they have a drawstring. The ones with elastic will destroy the filter, it will become separated at the joint between the filter and ring. DT1's don't need prefilters anyway. I use FAB1 spray on filter oil and DT1 Super Seal filter cleaner. I have a clear container I use to clean the filter, then let the dirt settle out and pour the clean filter fluid back into the can. Both are available at motorcycle shops. Another good filter oil for DT1 filters is FFT. I like FAB1 in the extremely dusty conditions here.
i have a dt1 dual stage w/a prefilter. when i was putting everything together i didn't like the way the drawstring went on w/the hose clamp to hold the dt1 on the v stack. so what i did was i put the hose clamp on so it over lapped the prefilter's elastic band & tightened the hose clamp down on it. the elastic band was long enough to reach almost 1/4" past the foam fliter to the rubber base the filter is attached to. so, w/the elastic clamped onto the the filter it is squished onto the rubber part will provide maximum protection.

x2 on fab1 foam filter oil! i used that on my atv filters & loved it. very thick & great protection. that is great stuff!!

on my atv's we ran dual stage filters w/great results. but, they were in air boxes & not exposed so they were kept clean. when i snorkeled my intake i ran a prefilter over the intake hole for extra protection as i ran in real dusty, sandy & muddy conditions. i never had a power or any other issue w/that set up. dust & water intrusion is an engine killer. on the rampage, the filter is not in an air box & very exposed so there was no chance i wasn't going to put a prefilter on it. i'm just going off my experiences tho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts