• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

velocity stack with choke for walbro 990

rcgasser

kbreaux100 said:
Ok I got my velocity stack today and tried to put it on but the hardware is not long enough!! Am I doing something wrong because I thought someone said I could use the same hardware. I put gasket, Carb,gasket, 1" velocity stack, and then the bolts wont go through to threads. What hardware do I need? I don't want to get too long of screws and mess things up.
The stock should work just fine.

kbreaux100

rcgasser said:
The stock should work just fine.
they don't, the threads don't even go past the branch pipe to the threads. heres a picture. I am sure it wont work. maybe the stack hole werent machined enough, or because its a 1" stack, but i am saure they wont reach.and i also measured, the branch pipe is 18mm thick, and i only have 8mm of threads sticking out. I cant believe im the only one with this problem. this is becoming a regular occurance for me!! ha ha i guess 20130413_195638.jpg

20130413_195638.jpg

/monthly_2013_04/20130413_195638.jpg.91ac5c5a7a3c6db94b4f9f531bb539f2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kbreaux100

man im completely confused, i just cant believe im the only one with this issue. i measued all the depths, so i know im not crazy.

kbreaux100

yeh, the stack i got is a tgn. thats got to be it.i think the riddle is solved. i just wanna make sure i get the right size screws cuz i don't wanna screw up my motor. thanks friend

kbreaux100

i did some measuring. the stock screw that doesn't reach is 55mm long. if i get a 60mm, i will only have 2mm of threads catching, not enough.if i get a 65mm, the end of the screw may punch through the intake manifold gasket, which i can see in the hole, and has not been broken through yet. i do not know if this is a big deal,but the last screw did not break it. the 65mm will be just at the gasket, so it may not break it,but it may. i can add another washer or shorten the 65mm screw by a mm or 2, but then i will have only about 5mm of thread catching. theres 6mm from where the threads start until the gasket. anyone with suggestions please chime in. thank you

alfred e numan

just go to a auto zone- harbor freight- buy a cheap set of tap and dies, hack saw-vise- it will make life better- use the taps to remove dried lok-tite- build your own bolts- a set of small files helps to dress up the threads.

Chief409

Here is a video that might help. Assembling the intake, carb and velocity stack starts at the 09:00 mark.

[ame]

[/ame]

rcgasser

kbreaux100 said:
they don't, the threads don't even go past the branch pipe to the threads. heres a picture. I am sure it wont work. maybe the stack hole werent machined enough, or because its a 1" stack, but i am saure they wont reach.and i also measured, the branch pipe is 18mm thick, and i only have 8mm of threads sticking out. I cant believe im the only one with this problem. this is becoming a regular occurance for me!! ha ha i guess
Thats looks like enough to go into the manifold I am not sure how long you feel it should be??? you are just going to add a gasket and screw into the manifold that is plenty of screw left.

kbreaux100

i either assume that i have a faulty intake manifold, or this is a new design because is assure you my screws go straight through the intake to the engine. i have shined a flashlight through it and passed the screws through it, no threads. i even could see the locktite pooled an dried on the threads where there were no screw threads. im pissed. i guess redcat gave me a defective intake. i will surely send pictures of the intake when i take the original back off. i reapplied it just so i could run my duney

kbreaux100

does anyone see threads in the pictuire? I hate to sound like an asshole because I know you guys are trying to help, but there are no threads in the front of the manifold. i measure 9mm before i get threads,which is about the remaining length of screw i have. I am not stupid, and Im not that dense! either I have a new design, or a faulty part. Either way, Im getting really frustrated at this point because it seaqms I can never run my car!! alfred e., i do have a tap and die set, and a dremel, i just cant seam to find a hardware store that has long enough screws. sucks, my town don't have much of anything so i gotta use the internet, and everything is 3 to 5 days out. makes life miserable when ya just wanna drive your rcs! thanks for the advice guys.

20130415_025534.jpg

20130415_025534.jpg

/monthly_2013_04/20130415_025534.jpg.6654deabf85c41181595cfff07bafc9c.jpg

Sergio

:(

kbreaux100 said:
does anyone see threads in the pictuire? I hate to sound like an asshole because I know you guys are trying to help, but there are no threads in the front of the manifold. i measure 9mm before i get threads,which is about the remaining length of screw i have. I am not stupid, and Im not that dense! either I have a new design, or a faulty part. Either way, Im getting really frustrated at this point because it seaqms I can never run my car!! alfred e., i do have a tap and die set, and a dremel, i just cant seam to find a hardware store that has long enough screws. sucks, my town don't have much of anything so i gotta use the internet, and everything is 3 to 5 days out. makes life miserable when ya just wanna drive your rcs! thanks for the advice guys.
Man there should b threads in tha hole WTF.

If you don't mind spending some money why not upgrade!

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.4523/.f

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.4477/.f

They got The tall and regular versión i have it on my MT and Just ordered one more For my XB that should arrive today Its better and looks cool

kbreaux100

yeh i would love to upgrade, thing is i am not spending any more money on upgrades because after all the money im spending, i still havent had it running for more than five tanks, four of which were break in. i love the duney, but i really just wanna run it!also, ive looked at the pictures in detail of zenoah intakes on ebay, and it looks like mine. no threads in the hole. im so confused on this

kbreaux100

also, one last thing. i will personally pay someone the money for new gaskets if they have a dunerunner with a 30.5cc motor and a 1" velocity stack. all ya have to do is take off the carb, measure your bolt length sticking out with stack and carb installed, and also measure how deep the threads are into the intake. please don't chime in what you think you know, cuz obviously i have something different, and i want to know what you have definitevely

Sergio

Dude like you said that manifold is either detective or they changed it im gonna look For my stock manifold or as soon as The ups man arrives with my xb im gonna see how mine looks cause im using The same velocity stack you got.

kbreaux100

thanks sergio, i would appreciate it. i think from looking at pictures,and without taking my manifold completely off cuz i don't have extra gasket, i figured this out. the other side of the manifold,the motor side, has a nut that is meshed into the plastic so you can thread in the screws. either way, my screws definitely do not reach this, as the threads are 9mm inside the hole

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts