• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

v555 REDCAT RAMPAGE TT in MCD CUP 2010 FINLAND

v555

rob64n said:
V555 you say 45 to 50sec a lap what engine are you running? or do you have the restrictions that the mcd guys have? i believe you can get a better lap time. i am on my phone so i can't watch your video right now. my fast lap normally is around 38 to 41sec fastest once was a 29sec not sure how that happened but ok i'll take it.lol
i don't understand,you have been in estonia?

there are no mcd cup rules in estonian championships, they use EFRA rules(EUROPEAN FEDERATION OF RADIO OPERATED MODEL AUTOMOBILES)

i am running zenoah g290 +w813 + dominator,now about laptime 41,73 is track record, done with 1/8 nitro buggy.in 1/5scale fastest lap on this race was 42,097(guy ho did that beat me and most of other finalists with 5 laps:eek:it was also fastest time of the day of that competition-hi was faster with 1/5 gas than 1/10,1/8 nitro and electrics)

my personal best was 46,32 and my A-final average was 52,16-so yes you are right i can get better lap time but i think i don't need a better engine but i have to hold my car on wheels and not on roof:p

rob64n

Contributor
v555 just seen video track is odd.lol and your engine is fine but with running the 813 bump your clutch spring from 6,000 to a 7,000 i ran the 813 and guys said it would load up in the corners, but since i had the 7,000rpm spring it did not and it did very well. on your video i hear alot of bogging engines with that 7,000 spring you don't get alot of bogging and i think you could beat those guys on that track with that setup, and as far as rules. what i meant is where mcd team drivers race they are only allowed 26cc engines and pipes cannot be exposed things like that.

v555

rob64n said:
v555 just seen video track is odd.lol and your engine is fine but with running the 813 bump your clutch spring from 6,000 to a 7,000 i ran the 813 and guys said it would load up in the corners, but since i had the 7,000rpm spring it did not and it did very well. on your video i hear alot of bogging engines with that 7,000 spring you don't get alot of bogging and i think you could beat those guys on that track with that setup, and as far as rules. what i meant is where mcd team drivers race they are only allowed 26cc engines and pipes cannot be exposed things like that.
thanks for good advice i already got elcon clutch but it still needs some adjusting.i think bogging was probably caused by loosen pipe- at the end of race it was connected only with one bolt:D.you are right about the rules max allowed engine size is 26cc and the pipe must be covered with body ,but since i was the visitor they made exception for me. if possible i will race there again at 09.19:cool:

v555

5th mcd cup race.warm-up and qualification=13. place to finals-

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]eybGF_c07pE[/MEDIA][/ame]

v555

rob64n said:
And i was gonna ask what tires are you running? the track looked like alot of sand.lol
do you mean estonian track?very hard question,dictionary in my head does not now how to say it in english,but its the same material which is used in sportfield,tennis court, very small pieces of some stone only in tennis court it is red.so about70% maded of this material,two strights beside the wall coated with

carpet and two corners with tarmac +one mean wooden jump.its the best track i have driven so far,with best i mean it does not change his character at the race day -it is so durable.

i used hpi block dirtbusters soft rears on rear and hard fronts on front(that was a mistake,i should use rears in front also for better weight balance.) with hpi medium inserts.in qualification i used grp bulldogs but didnt like how they act.

v555

i wont link the e,d finals cause i didnt drive there and go straight to the c-final.all went well,finished second and moved to the last starting place in b-final

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]uyJdfQnTcnY[/MEDIA][/ame]

v555

b-final.very bad start:mad:after that i was able to rise 3rd for few laps,then few mistakes and 4. in finish.overall result 8. place of 24.last cup race in this season at next weekend.[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]Fya8-0UKBYE[/MEDIA][/ame]

v555

rob64n said:
They build tracks differently over there.
i cant give a comment to this since i havent seen that many your tracks:)

i have been wondering where are all the others race/track videos.am i the only one who race with rampage?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts