• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

v555 REDCAT RAMPAGE TT in MCD CUP 2010 FINLAND

v555

decided to start new thread for new season,-

first race and no result for me(14place of 23).sad thing is i cant blame anybody else but myself.first-when we arrived i noticed that my fueltank vent(wich i maded last night-stupid!) is leaking,i used wrong silicone to seal it and with 5 minutes there was i gas/silicone mix in my tank!!!

well i started with that and off course the engine just stopped after few laps.so i didnt get the qualifying time at all,well i washed carburator and changed gas,for my luck two drivers also could had technical problems and they was not able continue and i got the last place for finals.then i broked gear cover and i don't have metal gears-i repaired it with an beer can bottom and ducktape,then broken one front shock so i drived with one redcat original and one hpi baja shocks in front.for the end of that bullshit was one driver with brand new yellow mcd v4 who decided roll over right in front of me...off course another crash and another shock broken and race over for me.well i learned a good lesson hope you will understand at least the point of that story(i mean my bad language)

will upload the videos soon.

the car and driver:

Last edited by a moderator:

v555

sometimes i cant understand how those things happen,my CY died in warm-up before the race even started,so no points again:( :( :(it was totally ok few days ago last time i tested car.

well i don't quit yet,next time my tt is loaded with new zenoah g270(and no CYs for me never again)with pipe-made by sprint77,if the car still don't last to the finish i think i have to make at least a break with racing with that buggy.

will upload some videos later.

looker2756

Contributor
Can't wait to see your video's. Hope you have a reliable combo now too. You were running well from what I seen, just need a car that will live until the end. ;)

v555

looker2756 said:
Can't wait to see your video's. Hope you have a reliable combo now too. You were running well from what I seen, just need a car that will live until the end. ;)
thank you that was comforting:)

there are the "highlights" of my day-

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]laFeBH_4KX4[/MEDIA][/ame]
(if someone is interested i can upload also finals videos)

RampageHopUps

Great racing and videos.

For the engine problem, I would check your fuel tank cap. Vent it and watch the problem go away.

v555

RampageHopUps said:
Great racing and videos.
For the engine problem, I would check your fuel tank cap. Vent it and watch the problem go away.
good advices allways welcome thanks for that,but this was not the problem this time,(tank cap is vented with tube)problem was piston ring and probably i must change all engine head parts.

but now my car has a new Z g270 and there will be no problems with engine:)

next- 3. mcd cup race 19.06. really hope that this time car will do his and i mine work well and we will got finally a decent result,i mean at least place in A-final in top 6.

v555

and longer one-

first time-qualification -problems with radio,don't now the reason but there was no connection few times for 2-4 second,wasnt able drive to finish-[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]2W8Lfz3eOjQ[/MEDIA][/ame]

v555

lightning73 said:
Cool! Keep those vids coming they are fun to watch, Thats a great track wish I had something like that to run on.
welcome to finland:D

v555

and we are ready again,4th MCD CUP race starts at 10.00 tomorrow.i have done lot of changes,carbon shock towers and braces,lightened chassis and lower alum.arms,new sawox servos for steering and gas,3000 nimh to 2700 lipo battery,new pipe and tires-overall result car weight dropped from 14,6kg to 12,4.

v555

a lot has happened since my last post,i own you videos from my last 3 race,(well i was on vacation;))there is the first one-its from Estonia,its my homeland near to finland.video is from the A final 1/5 4wd buggy.it was first time for us to drive on that track and i chose wrong tires but after all it went well -4th place.very good and fun to drive track.(average lap about 45-50 sec ,A-finals 30min)[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]oYo7tkXOFfg[/MEDIA][/ame]

rob64n

Contributor
V555 you say 45 to 50sec a lap what engine are you running? or do you have the restrictions that the mcd guys have? i believe you can get a better lap time. i am on my phone so i can't watch your video right now. my fast lap normally is around 38 to 41sec fastest once was a 29sec not sure how that happened but ok i'll take it.lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts