• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Using 3s Lipo with Caldera 10E monster truck

Eshore

I'm now using 3s Lipo with the Caldera 10E. And its blazing with power and speed. But I did buy a heatsink and rewired the fan so it doesn't burn up from the ESC. Man this thing is kicking!

G

Cool...

Sounds fun. Keep us posted on how the motor and esc hold up.

Eshore

I sure will, I'm only trying it because I know I'm gonna get a entire new system but I still wanted to see how it holds up myself.

Eshore

Speed runs

I did some speed runs today and got about 37mph with 2s Lipo and around 43-45mphs with 3s Lipo. Nothing ran hot, but it was only speed runs.

RazorHobbies

Its ok for short while but after continues running the esc can get hot. So be careful.

You can even run a 11.1v lipo on a tornado epx pro and we saw a large jump in speed clocked at 70mph with right gearing and full charge lipo. However again short sprints and speed runs fine but bashing will cause you to toast the esc if your not careful.

Eshore

Yeah you right, thats why I only did 2 speed runs. I didn't want to keep holding it on her. I just wanted to see what she had in her with the stock before I change it to something more powerful. I have an Traxxas Stampede Vxl and I'm starting to like this truck more and more everyday. Good bang for the buck!

Stumpdiggitty

my son just bought himself a Caldera 10E and we tried a 2s lipo in it yesterday. it ran pretty hot. 168F. is this ok? he wants to try 3s in it, but ima newb to these electrics. is 168 ok. seems a lil warm... :confused:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts