• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

SOLD / FOUND Used MT tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Looking for a set of used MT tires to make 'Ice Spike' tires for the lake in the winter.

I actually only need the Tires, if you have a busted rim or something like that, it might be PerFect!

They will only be used a few times during the winter so I'm not looking for any 'barely used' expensive ones...unless you really don't want them and want to let them go cheap...

I made a set of spikes for my Savage Flux and it wails across the lake!

[ame]

[/ame]

chevy

nice video and that spot I think would be purfect for the rampage I'd be worried about driving over a thin spot and the rampage goes under!!! Krash how much you looking to spend? i know you said a cheap set?? forist has a set i think he wanted $90.00 shipped.? and what kind of spikes do you or are you going to use for the rampage?? I was going to make wheels chains for driving on ice too but spikes sound better??

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
No Worries, it's the largest lake in NJ... The inlet I live next to freezes very thick...When you see ice fisherman with all their gear, you know you'll be safe.. ;)

I know about forists, but I was just checking to see if anyone had a 'throw away set of rubber' due to damaged hub(s) mostly or very used rubber (not much of a chance there) since I have an extra set of new hubs...

I'm looking to do (dangerous) spikes like this...

but you can check out my chains pics and some other RC stills here

Chains are good on light / packed snow...past 3-4 inches with the Savage and the chains or spikes weren't any good...Spikes are great on just the ice, before lots of snow starts sticking...last year we had about a months before the snow started piling up heavy on the lake...

Oh and question....You get ice in Las Vegas?

Last edited by a moderator:

chevy

well you have to drive to mount charleston for snow or ice certain times of the year it gets bad enough that they close the road i just started my mt wheels with chains project..

krashkrieg

Contributor
Yeah, I saw you got Ruthee's tires...What kind of chain did you decide on? I used bowtie links for the Flux (did you see my pics?)

I will probably use the same but next size up for the Beast...they seemed to really throw the snow well...

A tip would be to make them sorta like real snow chains that are only a little bit loose on the tire and have 2 hooked links to put them on and remove them...

I painted the hook links black because trying to find them to take off was quite the pain.

chevy

i seen your pics i like how you screwed the screws thru the backside of the tires, i got ruthees set and forist had a silghly used set thats coming tuesday so ill have 2 sets, i used round link chain that had a really small links i really made them to fight the sharp rocks out here in the desert they can kill a new set of tires in like 3-4 tanks. for connecting the links i used the steel zip-ties that way i can pull it tighter and get it to hold on the tire or leave it loose i made i thread about them under projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts