• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

upgrades?

387mudslinger

Contributor
I have the rally car,probaby the first at largescale. the mt andtt have the up grade you can get . the car came with the upgraded bell and gear plate,. i would asume at this point the diff gears, pens and etc. have been .

387mudslinger

Contributor
Just the steering servo at this time. y don't know run a tank, charged the bat. a1/2hr later it smoked big time. a micro chip went out

Last edited by a moderator:

lowtek

Servo

Did you find a better quality direct replacement for the servo; or just another GWS?

Lowtek

AKA RichK

387mudslinger

Contributor
lowtek said:
Did you find a better quality direct replacement for the servo; or just another GWS?
Lowtek

AKA RichK
yes i did i went with the rhino,its bad all metal, going to try it out on sat, if on rain, thinking to run it with the body on it for the first time :D

lowtek

Servos

Will the Rhino and 5745 bolt right in or are mods needed? Tried matching case sizes but no one gives a distance between mounting holes. I think the lengths given are overall length

Lowtek

RampageHopUps

The 5745 will need one of the ears trimmed to fit in. Its very easy though. There are pictures on here somewhere I will look.

387mudslinger

Contributor
lowtek said:
Will the Rhino and 5745 bolt right in or are mods needed? Tried matching case sizes but no one gives a distance between mounting holes. I think the lengths given are overall length
Lowtek
yes u need some mods, but rob is right, its ez to do look at the his tread his got it for you, u have to do the some for both servos and the hpi one too. thanks rob.

387mudslinger

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
The 5745 will need one of the ears trimmed to fit in. Its very easy though. There are pictures on here somewhere I will look.
how simular are the too i had too do the some with the dig 4 rhino looking for one more servo, but at 125 each, don't get me wrong u get what u pay for, but its a lil too much for my road car,thinking too put it in my tt
and put the one in my tt in the car, is the 5745 a bit tamer then the rhino?

kryptonite

387mudslinger said:
how simular are the too i had too do the some with the dig 4 rhino looking for one more servo, but at 125 each, don't get me wrong u get what u pay for, but its a lil too much for my road car,thinking too put it in my tt
and put the one in my tt in the car, is the 5745 a bit tamer then the rhino?
if its for the on-road car, check out the hitech 805. its really cheap but has good speed and 224oz of torche. but its a plastic gear. i have one that i keep for a spare and its in my mt right now(waiting-for-rhino). its not a bad servo and only $39.. get the replacement gears and your set..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXN610&P=ML

replacement gears for pit box.. $9.00

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPVS5&P=7

387mudslinger

Contributor
kryptonite said:
if its for the on-road car, check out the hitech 805. its really cheap but has good speed and 224oz of torche. but its a plastic gear. i have one that i keep for a spare and its in my mt right now(waiting-for-rhino). its not a bad servo and only $39.. get the replacement gears and your set..
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXN610&P=ML

replacement gears for pit box.. $9.00

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPVS5&P=7
i'll check that out .

387mudslinger

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
for the price of the digi 4 you can get 2 5745's and go dual...plenty of power...I got a digi 4 in my yet to run TT which will be plenty and 2 5745's in my MT, ultimate would be 2 digi4's for the MT tiresbut the 5745's are much more than adequate.
Difference between the 2 is about 120ozin's the digi4 is way more powerfull even the the spec's don't give that impresssion...the conservative Germans always understate, actual initial torque is 383ozins compared to 269 for the 5745
thank you.

387mudslinger

Contributor
lowtek said:
Lowtek

AKA RichK
i put a rhino dig 4 in and did not like how fast it moves so i when with the 5745 and got one more on the way the new vids i have up on you tube have the 5745 in it:D thats 387 mudsliner.
hope it helps you out

pipeous

I run an 805 in my one on road car. I actually run a tower pro digi in my semi. super cheap. and they work great. 2 for $25 from a guy on fleebay suprasales in cali

well I am just getting the funds together, should have my rally funds final early next week. I can't wait to take it in the dirt hehe

ryuken168

Front steering hub

biggiecamp said:
I've had the screw in the lower a-arm in both sides pull out of the plastic steering hub. Does anyone know if the aluminum steering hubs for the MT/TT are the same for the rally?
biggiecamp,

I had the same problem to when I ran over a nitro car, I ripped out the top and bottom screws from the steering hub. The MT and TT hubs will not fit, even the bearings are a different size.

Here's a quick fix, crazy glue which bonds plastic and a nylon spacer from a hardware store. The inside of the spacer should be slightly small to retread the screw. I drilled out the original steering hub hole and clean out the grease for a very tight fit. I dremel a slight bevel on the hub to help the spacer go in. I add crazy glue and used a pliers or clamp to push the spacer in.

The picture are before I shaved off the nylon spacer and tread the hub.

This is a improvement from the original plastic treads in the hub. The nylon is much strengther.

I drifted the car with a 1 tank of gas so far no problems.

0718091244.jpg

0718091245.jpg

0718091245a.jpg

Hope that helps

Ken

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online