• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrade Rampage Battery

MTMIKE

Ok guys. Looking at these better batteries I see an issue. My stock battery has a very small 2 pin connector that plugs into the on / off switch. Then from the switch to receiver. Typical no big deal right. The non-stock batteries have a larger 3 pin connector. (looks like only 2 pins are used. Does someone make a replacement switch that has the 3 pin connector for the battery to plug in? Trying to understand how you guys are changing these out for improved battery life. Thanks in-advance.

lightning73

You can also buy a conversion plug that has a 2 pin connector on one end, and a 3 pin connector on the other end. I bought one for my Ramp when I got my 4000 mah battery pack from DDM, they are cheap they only cost a few bucks. This way you wont have to buy a whole new switch if you don't want to. Just make sure that if you buy one you buy the right male and female ends for the switch setup you have, because they can be bought in all different variations.

MTMIKE

need more help

I contacted DDM. They have several battery packs but nothing on a 3 pin to 2 pin adapter. Where did you find the adapter?

DemonRC

I don't recall seeing a 2 pin > 3 pin adapter at the LHS. The cheapest thing to do is get a new switch with an extra wire for charging. Al of them come with a 3 pin connector which should take any aftermarket battery packs.

Triggerman77

Contributor
I usd a stock Traxxas switch !! from a Revo/ T-maxx. It works fine and has the charge wire on it so u do not have to unplug batt every time u charge it :) Just plug in !!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online