• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrade problems

IVIayheIVI

Yup, having fun over here....

My new TX/RX system won't sync up. Followed the simple 3 step instructions and no go. Everything is getting power, just won't communicate.

Also, my new HPI filter fits on just fine, but then I can't get the throttle linkage on. The filter is in the way.

So here I am putting all the old crap back on. About the only thing that has gone well so far is putting in the throttle servo... required no modification.

I did manage to get the steering servo in with a slight modification, should be fine.

Anyone know of an adapter that will allow me to move the HPI air filter out of the way of the throttle linkage?

forist

Contributor
You should try crossing the linkage That is what most of us do with a bigger filter. I will try to post a pic of mine so you can see what I mean in a bit.

forist

Contributor

IVIayheIVI

I got the linkage sorted, and I installed the original TX/RX system again just to get it running. New problem.... the throttle doesn't like the neutral position. I hit the throttle and release, it goes to neutral and then some. After a few times hitting the throttle, the brake is fully engaged. I trim it with the TX and do it a few more times... and the trim is maxed. So now, both TX/RX systems I have are not working properly.

I just have really bad luck. Murphy is always one step ahead of me.

IVIayheIVI

Obeast, wondering how that setup is working for you. I did the exact same thing as in your picture, but... when the servo turns clockwise there, it engages both throttle and brake. I ended up turning the arm to the other side of the brake, as the brake lever engages when turned counter-clockwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

IVIayheIVI

I figured out my original TX/RX is just fine... the problem was that the original servo arm was slightly bigger than the gear on the Hitec servo, so it was skipping teeth. Yeah, I feel stupid after figuring that one out.

Racerx

Everybody loves big filters, but they do not fit, call me cheap but go down to the local hardware store and get you a 90 degree white pipe elbow 1 1/2" that is used with the screw on white collars that yu will not need and paint it whatever color you want. looks great on my xt, no clearance problems and it looks cool just hanging there below the window line:D:D:D

$2.45

Last edited by a moderator:

forist

Contributor
Racerx said:
Everybody loves big filters, but they do not fit, call me cheap but go down to the local hardware store and get you a 90 degree white pipe elbow 1 1/2" that is used with the screw on white collars that yu will not need and paint it whatever color you want. looks great on my xt, no clearance problems and it looks cool just hanging there below the window line:D:D:D
$2.45
Post a pic of it plz

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts