• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

trouble starting engine

Guantanamo Joe

OK... so here it is. Yesterday I installed a killer bee and a new radio/receiver. Now I am having issues getting the DR to start. After about 4 minutes of trying I can get it going, but it used to be a 2 pull engine. Can anyone think of what I might have done replacing these two parts that would cause this?

Thanks,

Aaron

Guantanamo Joe

When I re-secured the coil, I did use a business card as instructed in the killer bee instructions. I am thinking that the problem is that once again, I am an RC idiot. After taking the cover off my receiver/battery box, I turned on/off the electronic switch on the truck and the remote several times- in different sequences- trying to figure out how to activate/deactivate the killer bee. So apparantly the Killer Bee has to be turned on usint the channel 3 button approximately 5 seconds after I turn on the switch for the truck. Then after it resets itself, the green light comes on. I am going to try all this in the morning because I believe my neighbors would kill me if I went out right now to turn it on.

If this does not work, I will definately re-adjust the coil again- but I think I could not get her started because I was not sequencing my electronics right.

More to Follow

Aaron

Guantanamo Joe

Ok... so that was it. I did not realize that I had to "turn on" the killer bee after turning on the receiver and remote. So, by the time I had pulled 40 times and re-primed, choked, un-choked, given throttle and everything else that I could think of, the engine would be flooded anyway by the time I hit the channel 3 switch.

So- all that to say this- my DR is a 2(ish) pull start again :eek: )

the1320god

If your radio will let you, you can reverse the third channel so that you don't have to push it when you turn on the on/off switch on the car. That's what I did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts