• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires & Wheels for XB

charles8102

What is the best set of tires & wheels for HARD bashing & jumping w/ an XB? I know this question has prob been asked already & ive searched the forums, its just not that easy & time consuming sifting through ALL the posts.

cordy

Yes hpi wheel adapters will give you a wide range of optional wheel and tire choices.

charles8102

Great thanks for your hel. Are there any specific tires that & wheel combinations that work well w/ these adapters for HARD beashing & jumping that you may know of.

rcgasser

Deluge said:
Hostile tires are tough as hell. Might want to check them out.Hostile Tires
+1 those hostile tires are tough and last forever I am not sure what you will be running on but the hard insert hostilities tires are not good on pavement and not give you good traction at all but for dirt the can not be beaten.

charles8102

Any set of those hostile tires or is there a specific brand that you may know about or recomend?

Deluge

Redcat recently switched to a larger thread on the axles, so it depends on which axles you have. Honestly, the HPI adapters would be your best bet. You won't have to mod any wheels, etc.

rsgonzales

ok well hpi adapters its i bought the mt gear pate gona go with boca bearings bought the redcat aluminum spindles and trashed them the first run the bearings seized up ill try to get the bearings race out my fuller tore off i put the stock can from my zen 290 along w a 990 carb.center diff also just waiting on bearings .whats sad is i was sent 6 mm wheels and had to argue with redcat support to get me some wheels to fit as the 6 mm has the fake plasic lugs .well they sent me some 6 mm wheels and told me to cut a 10 mm hole and dremal the lug nuts off so the nuts 17mm will work.Im not sure this will work,,

Spriggan

The 10mm threaded section of the axle is to short to fit most other square drive wheels which is a right pain! I tried to fit the Nutech Punisher/Thunderbolt wheels, but had no luck. So I'm still looking for a cheap way of getting the HPI converters in the UK, Once I get my hands on a set of them I'll be able to use the wheels from the Baja and Punisher.

One thing to think about is that the XB's suspension is only fairly light duty, can it handle the bigger heavier wheels fitted to other cars?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts