• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires and Wheels

rampage idiot

Seeing that I have never mounted tires before are there any dos or donts for installing the foams , tires, and bead locks , the hostiles should be here monday or tuesday figured I would ask before hand Thanks:confused:

Nowheretogojs

A little sand paper to the beads of the tires( just a scuff). And same to wheels. Install tires then foam inserts. Seat beads. Pull bead back a little and CA glue. Work from the top edge letting glue run down bead area. work around wheel by turning unglued area to top. Then take rubber bands and run around mid tread to let glue dry over nite. Recheck in mourning for any area missed by glue.. I'm not 100% sure with bead locking wheels. May not need glue...

G

No need for glue with the beadlocks. Insert the foam into the tire, slide the wheel in, align the wheel and tire, press the tire tabs into the wheel slots then bolt on the beadlocks. I go around and tighten the beadlock screws a little at a time so the beadlock seats evenly.

G

I use a mini impact driver. It keeps the hans from hurt'n and saves time. Best RC tool I have.

stalker77

I use a little baby powder on the inside of the tire before putting the foam in. It allows the foam to be moved in place alot easier.

G

rampage idiot said:
Got electric driver I am ready according to internet adaptors will be here monday tires and wheels were shipped fedex looks like tuesday
You'll get them mounted in no time!

G

stalker77 said:
I use a little baby powder on the inside of the tire before putting the foam in. It allows the foam to be moved in place alot easier.
That's a good trick. They can be tough to rotate on the wheel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts