• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The "new" Redcat Steel Gears And Alum Plate!!

Clubin

Banned
hamster huey said:
Clubin does this look familiar? I think its your picture. It looks a lot like our new gear set. I never thought about MCD melting gears too but it is very similar to the Ramp so I gues it makes sense.
That's funny, that is my Baja 1000. Yep, that's what I need only it has to fit my Redcat.

Obeast44

Banned
This thread is almost a year old man, most of those guys arent even around anymore. The gearplate that is pictured is for an MCD. It will not to my knowledge work on a Rampage. Darin@Redcat or Rob@Rampagehopups have aluminum gearplates they can sell you.

Obeast44

Banned
Thats the Himoto gearplate, you can catch one on Ebay every now and then or check Himotos website.

The Himoto gearplate is slimmer and doesn't stick out as much but you wont be able to run the Redcat Steel gears. Only the Himoto gears will work on it.

Kryptonite from what Ive read liked it. If I didnt already have the Redcat gearplate and multiple sets of steel gears, I would try it out.

max 1

I WENT THREW 3 SETS OF STEAL .NOW I USE MCD 23/26 C&D AND PLASTIC ON A/B NO PLOBLEMS.I have 8 tanks of fuel plastic showing some wear not bad .

grf

max 1 said:
I WENT THREW 3 SETS OF STEAL .NOW I USE MCD 23/26 C&D AND PLASTIC ON A/B NO PLOBLEMS.I have 8 tanks of fuel plastic showing some wear not bad .
i tried the combo you recommend in plastic to see how it goes and the mesh was really bad. maybe the steel ones that are properly hardened do the trick but it is a bit of an expensive experiment. i am thinking of going ahead with it anyway as the rampage is just collecting dust because of this problem.

Obeast44

Banned
Heres the link to the one that was on Ebay sometime ago:http://cgi.ebay.com/050109-Center-Diff-Mount-1-5-rc-part-HPS-Himoto-Redcat-/140405188249?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories=&hash=item20b0cd2699=

Username: Wurthman5016

We have a Wurthman member on this site that has some close ties to: www.ThenitroRCshop.com thats mentioned in the ad.

Also judging by this:http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?p=33956#post33956

So he might be able to help you guys out for your search for that gearplate.

Just PM it to me GRF, I would like to check it out.

grf

do not have to it is the one you already posted.

when i started the thread for my gear plate i received a pm with the link saying it might help.

grf

i did.

the A B are always good.

when i install plastic C D it just binds (i believe the plastic just flexes) when installing metal they wobble the gear plate and if i try to stop the gear plate flexing they lock.

grf

never got to the point to install the engine as it is obvious the problem is somewhere else.

grf

i wonder if anyone has ever tried to see if the distance between A and D on a MCD gear plate is the correct one so someone could install that gear system with a spacer of 10mm under it.

grf

thanks a lot for helping out.

i ll wait for your findings. if a video or something would help you i can organize it.

if the wife helps with junior i might have something new also (i have a small milling machine :) )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts