• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The new Flysky FS-IT4

Ice_2k

rcgasser said:
I never could figure out what those sliders were for either nor did I ever get them to change.
I figured it out, the sliders are the trim for throttle/steering. If you assign one of the TR switches to throttle/steering trim, you can see those sliders move.

By the way, I read on another forum someone saying they had alerts for when the car got too hot... I didn't find anything in the settings about setting custom alerts for sensors (except the implicit low voltage warning for Rx), am I missing something?

ika

It does not have temp alarm, even new version as I know.

But your temp sensor works up to 100 Celsius, that to low for Gas engine.

Ice_2k

The new Flysky FS-IT4

ika said:
But your temp sensor works up to 100 Celsius, that to low for Gas engine.
Just took it out today and the 100°C and 16.000rpm limits seem to... not be :) I got the engine to about ~120°C and reached a top rpm of 16.500. Maybe they did a silent upgrade for the telemetry?

ika

Ice_2k said:
Reached 126°C today, still no limits apparently...
Are you setisfied by this radio?

Please share pros/cons

Ice_2k

Yes, I'm very happy with it. No glitches, range is great, 4ch, i love the telemetry, you can't beat the price (including the extra receivers and sensors), it has tons and tons of features (e.g. ABS, channel mixing - my killswitch channel for instance also applies the brakes at 80%), configurable failsafe (mine triggers kill switch, applies brakes full and locks steering to right), can assign all sorts of things to the additional buttons (e.g. I have "idle up" on one of the switches, which holds the throttle at 10% to get it started easier). Only small cons are:

• rubber on the wheel seems like it's not going to last for a very long time. No problems so far, but it just feels brittle.
  • there are probably other transmitters that would take a 5ft fall better, it doesn't feel particulary strong, I'm very careful about not dropping it.
  • screen not very visible in direct sunlight. If wearing sunglasses, it will be completely black :) Not sure this is fair to clasify as a "con" since there are phones that cost 3 times as much that can't be read in sunlight, so... :)
Except this, it's an awesome radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

No, but extra receivers for the fs-it4 are really cheap so even if it worked it would be a pitty to give up the extra channels and the telemetry.

chapinb

Doesn't redcat use rebranded flysky? Thought I read that somehwere... The newer it4 can bind to older flysky if that's the case.

But yea, as mentioned, the it4 receivers are dirt cheap.

wildstallion

My IT4s binds perfectly with my Redcat receiver although I don't used it in a Redcat any more

Vinman31

Fly Sky FS-iT4

from what i have read some people say it will and some say will not bind to redcat. i would like a nice tx but i don't want to buy 7 new rx. and did they fix the binding and rebinding problem? is it worth the price it goes for 180-210.00 on ebay and amazon. i found it at hobbypartz.com for 140.00. will it work with redcat? and would i need to upgrade it as soon as i got it. also whats the diff. between the 4 and the 4s? i would like to keep the radcat rx's so that i can have friends drive at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

chapinb

The binding problem has been fixed but there may be some old stock out there. Hobby partz should have new stock, but I couldn't verify.

The 4s has been fixed but retailers are limited. It comes with larger TX battery as well as updated telemetry. The rpm and temp sensors now read much higher.

The radio binds fine with redcat. Even if you have issues, receivers are dirt cheap.

As far as friends driving at the same time, it does not matter what transmitter you have nor them. You can all drive together.

Vinman31

Flysky FS-IT4

Thanks chapinb,

I think for that price I'm going to buy 2 one for me and for my little girl. If they don't work with the redcat. For the price I will change my RX's. It would be nice to have the telemetry.

Thanks

Darack73

The fsit4 binds to almost any reciever in my experience you just have to turn off the AFADS2. or whatever it is. You can turn that setting on or off per model/rx you are using. in the rx setting menu. I found for all redcat receivers you need to do this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts