• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock baja wheels vs. Desperado

Ron E

Contributor
what baja adaptors are you guys using ?

standard or extended? I have a mt and think i'll change to excavators for less unsprung weight.

mooman007uk

Banned
I got the vertigo 8mm extended adapters to run paddles on hpi rims but the desparodos already add near an inch of track i believe so i might need some standard hpi ones..

Z

ZielkeRacing

Here some pics- fresh out of the bag - these are the Bow Ties with the black Desperado's!! Very nice.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Here are some pics with the weight

P3260009.jpg

P3260008.jpg

P3260007.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P3260009.jpg.e837779a3e9495af75136e0f8fab3e1c.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P3260008.jpg.ad202db4080684ed9cdc522031a9ade8.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P3260007.jpg.1ce35865e6a7c47f340f63982f862843.jpg

Clubin

Banned
Ziel, good locking tires and rims, I am going to get some pictures of mine. What's with the Redcat gut pile?

Piranha2

Contributor
Not to hijack the thread but at full droop my dogbones should be level? I just installed the SS HD shocks in the rear and the inserts in the front and with the front springs all the way up, I still could not achieve level.....and the rears at level only provide about 3/4" to 1" of suspension.....and Thanks for the pics and weights Z....shouldn't you be deannodizing those blue parts?

Z

ZielkeRacing

Ha ha, nice catch!! I am trying to clean the blue out, just found some crystals from wally world, will try it again... My truck is torn down, will be worse tomorrow. LOL - wil change the diff oil and hopefuilly get atleast a chassis together by sunday.

Last edited:
Z

ZielkeRacing

Piranha2 said:
Not to hijack the thread but at full droop my dogbones should be level? I just installed the SS HD shocks in the rear and the inserts in the front and with the front springs all the way up, I still could not achieve level.....and the rears at level only provide about 3/4" to 1" of suspension.....and Thanks for the pics and weights Z....shouldn't you be deannodizing those blue parts?
Yes, for a " perfect" set up the bones should be level. The perfect part doesent include the oil weight, what are you using? - this also changes for bashing etc.

Piranha2

Contributor
Man, this feels like a set-up....I'll bite....60wgt in the rear....30wgt up front

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZielkeRacing

Piranha2 said:
Man, this feels like a set-up....I'll bite....60wgt in the rear....40wgt up front
Very very close daniel son!! lol that was tooo good :D

Piranha2

Contributor
I do like the Desperado wheels....those look sweet....but I'm waiting for you guys to tell me the better tire after you bash them.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I will make sure of it, I just have to get my truck back together..... I have plenty of places to test and I will also test the excavator tires as well. They spin VERY hard at low speeds on my 29 5t!

Last edited:

Piranha2

Contributor
That's what worried me, I spin the MT's with the 28.5 and I like the look of the Excavators but if they just spin, who cares what they look like.

Z

ZielkeRacing

The Excavators spin like crazy, I tried them out yesterday. I switched out to Hostile Nightmares and they hook so much better. They are a bit smaller in diameter but they sure hook up. I havent tried the bow ties yet.

Clubin

Banned
ZielkeRacing said:
The Excavators spin like crazy, I tried them out yesterday. I switched out to Hostile Nightmares and they hook so much better. They are a bit smaller in diameter but they sure hook up. I havent tried the bow ties yet.
I would totally agree, the Excavator's spin very easy. I compared them to Hostile A/T's and the Hostile's do hook up better. I think it is the compound, the Proline tires are a very hard. The hostile's I am comparing to are a medium compound, so it is probaly not a fair comparison. I think they would last a long time on the back of a 5b though. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts