• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering servo upgrades

Mike4130

So I finally started my Rampage MT today and ran it most of the day breaking in the engine. That is until one of my steering servos locked up. I know these are something on my things to upgrade list, but I didn't want it to break on the first day. Oh well, now for the next best thing to running these rigs, Upgrade time !

I also noticed the battery is weak. It doesn't seem like it has enough power to run these servos, so I think I would like to get a Lipo pack and do this right the first time.

What are my options at this point? If I do a Lipo pack what servos should I get? I would rather have a direct fit replacement and I think I would like to continue running the 2 servo set-up. Anyone using the Hitec HS-805BB?

As always, Thanks for your input & feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The Hitec 5765 is the closest fit. It also does great on the 2s lipo. The problem you will have is finding a lipo pack that fits in the small dual servo box.

Thunder Power makes some but they are a bit spendy for what you get.

Mike4130

RCDAD said:
The Hitec 5765 is the closest fit. It also does great on the 2s lipo. The problem you will have is finding a lipo pack that fits in the small dual servo box. Thunder Power makes some but they are a bit spendy for what you get.
By "closest fit" does that mean I need to drill anything or will the servo drop right in. Damn that was a fast reply BTW. Will these run off a NI-MH battery pack then?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

They drop right in, but the holes don't line up. There is also a nub on the servo mount that needs to be shaved off. You can use the two bottom holes and drill two new holes for the top.

They will run off a 6v pack, but will be considerably slower.

Mike4130

RCDAD said:
They drop right in, but the holes don't line up. There is also a nub on the servo mount that needs to be shaved off. You can use the two bottom holes and drill two new holes for the top.They will run off a 6v pack, but will be considerably slower.
Last question sorry, What exactly will I have to drill a hole in to mount the top of the servo, the trucks servo mount or the servo itself? Also, do you have any model #'s on those thunder power packs?

G

The servo mount on the truck.

I have one lay'n around somewhere out in the shop. I'll find it and let ya know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.