• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering Servo Questions

BountyHunter03

Hey guys, I have been having issues with my servos and I need a good solution that will last me awhile. I have read on here to use the Hitec HV servo but since I didnt want to run a lipo battery pack I found it didnt have enough power to really turn my wheels like the stock one.

So after tearing up the stock one again I am looking at this- Savox SV-0235MG. I don't know if this is a good servro or if it will even fit. Any ideas would be helpful.

Also I am running larger Proline Trencher tires on my XSC which im sure isnt easier on the servo.

Thanks guys.

vpalace

I'm running a Hitec 5765 with a standard 7.2v stick pack and it works great. I will upgrade t a lipo later on, but for now it is working fine.

G

I only run the lipo packs now. The increase in servo performance is unparalleled.

BountyHunter03

What lipo pack do you use? I am using the stock NIHM pack that came with it and I ordered a lipo back from KillerRC and it wouldn't fit in the stock battery box. I am afraid to go up to the lipo because I have a killer be, spectrum receiver, Which should be able to handle the Higher voltage, and a custom installed LED which I am sure can not handle the higher volt.

cordy

The spektrum reciever will handle 9.6 volts so a 7.4 volt lipo is ok.You may have to use a resistor in line with the led to drop the voltage down.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Most LEDs can handle 12v.

I run the Killer RC lipos. You may need to trim the side tabs in the box. Do that and they fit great.

andyken

vpalace said:
I'm running a Hitec 5765 with a standard 7.2v stick pack and it works great. I will upgrade t a lipo later on, but for now it is working fine.
A 5000mah ni/mh is a lot stronger than the stock 2000mah.

vpalace

I'm running a 4500mah nimh 7.2v stick pack from tenergy. Huge jump from the little 6v pack that came with it.

G

andyken said:
A 5000mah ni/mh is a lot stronger than the stock 2000mah.
The mah is the amount of energy stored. The higher the mah the longer the run time.

Increasing the voltage will speed up and make the servos stronger.

BountyHunter03

I can look at the bigger battery but I don't think not having the power to turn the wheels is my issue. Its just after a few runs the servo gives out, as if the gears are being stripped. So I am looking for a servo that can handle the larger Proline Trencher tires and not tear up so easily. I will look into the lipo packs if this will help this issue though.

BountyHunter03

I was running the stock one in it this weekend and it gave out. I started with the stock one, killed it. Went to the Hitec HV one, cant remember number, ran it on 6v and it didnt turn hard enough, killed it. Then went back to stock and killed it again.

vpalace

Bastards! I just broke down and ordered a 5000mah lipo, lol.

vpalace

Stock servos are junk. The Hitec is a great servo, but it's power hungry. You need to feed it more than 6v for it to perform. I doubt the hitec is dead. I think you just need to give it more power and also, loosen up the servo saver a bit, that makes a world of a difference.

BountyHunter03

Does anyone know if they Killer Bee kill switch can handle the 7.4? and if I have a custom LED running off of the killer bee will it not blow on the 7.4? the LED I am using is in a button that I got and I know it can only run on 5v, I have a resistor on it right now to keep the 6v from blowing it but not sure if it will be enough to lower the 7.4.

vpalace

Many members on here run lipos and a killer bee. As for the led, I am not sure, but I think dad gave some advice about that.

BountyHunter03

The end that comes on the Killer RC lipo batteries is a 3 prong and the one in the truck is a 2 prong, what does everyone do to fix this?

G

BountyHunter03 said:
The end that comes on the Killer RC lipo batteries is a 3 prong and the one in the truck is a 2 prong, what does everyone do to fix this?
That's only a balance plug for charging. It is not for plugging into the RC. There are 2 other plugs one to power the receiver and the other for lights or accessories.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts