• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering servo dead already :(

vpalace

I was looking at the 645 by chance! How about for the steering?

Dreggsta

Sergio said:
most of the time is better to spend a little more once instead of buying something cheap twice.
That saying is soo true about many things in life. Some things it's ok to skimp on, others it's better to spend what it's worth.

Dreggsta

I'm gonna try an xq 4013. Yes, it is cheaper but that's not why. I'm gonna try it & be a guinea pig for everyone & let y'all know how it does. Lol they only have one us dealer haha. Those bids I posted were impressive tho.

G

Dreggsta said:
I'm gonna try an xq 4013. Yes, it is cheaper but that's not why. I'm gonna try it & be a guinea pig for everyone & let y'all know how it does. Lol they only have one us dealer haha. Those bids I posted were impressive tho.
Double check is physical size. Pics can be deceiving. Look forward to seeing one installed.

Dreggsta

Maybe you can help me w/that rcdad. I did think of that but I don't know if there is a common dimension or if there is room to play with. Also don't know if the servo horns ate splines the same. I figure regarding the horn I can use what comes w/it or maybe have one made.

Regarding dimensions:

Xq 4013: 40x20x39mm

Savox 1257: 40.3x20.2x37.2

Hitec 645: 41mm x 20mm x 38mm

What you think dad?

These are supposed to be waterproof, titanium gears, coreless, digital & are $45 shipped. So comparable to the hitec.

G

Maybe you can help me w/that rcdad. I did think of that but I don't know if there is a common dimension or if there is room to play with. Also don't know if the servo horns ate splines the same. I figure regarding the horn I can use what comes w/it or maybe have one made. Regarding dimensions:

Xq 4013: 40x20x39mm

Savox 1257: 40.3x20.2x37.2

Hitec 645: 41mm x 20mm x 38mm

What you think dad?

These are supposed to be waterproof, titanium gears, coreless, digital & are $45 shipped. So comparable to the hitec.
That should work for the t/b servo.

G

Cool.

It looks decent on paper. I look forward to seeing how it performed in a 4WD cat.

Trip..

fattyp64 said:
there's nothing better than that ddm pipe screaming..
Oh sure there is... Earplugs!

Even better, a side bleed pipe that doesn't rattle your teeth when it goes by! Better throttle response too.

Trip..

vpalace said:
What is a good, not break the bank, throttle and steering servo?
Remember the only thing controlling your 30 pound, 35mph, $1000 piece of equipment is the servos, should you really trust cheap electronics?

Buy the best you can afford. If all you can afford is cheap, then you are going to replace that cheap gear as well as all the front suspension, body, and steering links after you crash it... and just HOPE you only hit something hard and not something bigger than you like a full scale car, or even worse... A person. Worse than that, a person with a better lawyer than you!

If you're looking at 20 bux worth of servos, you may want to reconsider this hobby! Most of us are running at least a hundred bux worth of servos, plus kill switches.

I had one runaway that caused a crash of three full scale cars when my Duratrax Thunderquake ran across a parking lot into a 4 lane street (28th street in Grand Rapids Mi) I got sued by all 3 drivers and I still had to replace my R/C car. What caused it? A cheap ass stock 20 dollar Duratrax (made by Hitec) servo. That little incident that was over in less than 2 seconds cost me over 5 grand, plus 800 bux worth of parts on a 500 dollar car (go figure that one out)

Imagine what would have happened if I would have slammed into someone's toddler at the park? Shit man cars are cheap to fix, but medical bills... Hell no! :eek:

Holy shit I didn't mean to get so serious! Sorry about that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts