• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Starting issues 1:5 rc

JSoto777

I've had hell getting my rc to start. I changed the hoses and got it to run then tried starting it up again and nothing! I bought a new spark plug and still nothing. What else could be the issue

Also when I went to kill the engine the button was very sensitive as if it were defective.

Sergio

Why did you change the hoses? You sure you got them the rigth way when you press the bulb do you get fuel you have to vent your tank too if you haven't

JSoto777

It's new but have ran it a couple times. But started it up about 5 times.

And I changed the hoses because it didn't want to start so I assumed it were the hoses. Plus I changed them to clear ones so I can see what's going on in the hoses.

G

You can add a vent line to the tank or the fuel cap. It will let air in and out of the tank.

What are your carbs needle settings? Hard starting is tuning related a lot of the time.

JSoto777

Icic.

My settings are factory. 1 1/2 out from closed on hsn and 1/ 1/4 on lsn. When I started the rc, I noticed the wheels would turn engaging the clutch. So I turned the idle screw down a lot to get the wheels to stop spinning and it ran fine. I did not adjust any other settings. When I went to start it again, nothing happens

Greggfromohio

If the carb is at factory settings it could be flooding, try drying the spark plug. If it starts afterwards lean the carb a little.

JSoto777

The high and low sprees needle are at factory. However the idle screw is adjusted down quite a bit due to the high idle. So idk what the factory setting is fit the idle screw.

G

JSoto777 said:
The high and low sprees needle are at factory. However the idle screw is adjusted down quite a bit due to the high idle. So idk what the factory setting is fit the idle screw.
The carbs idle stop should hit about half way down the taper of the screw.

Keep in mind no two carbs are exactly the same, so settings on yours may vary some.

andyken

If it's cold where you are it could be too lean.

A lean low needle will cause high idle, making the idle screw adjustment compensates for it at idle.

If it isn't flooded, try a little gas in the plug hole and see if it starts.

JSoto777

andyken said:
If it's cold where you are it could be too lean. A lean low needle will cause high idle, making the idle screw adjustment compensates for it at idle.

Ok I will try that and see what happens

Phill

If the idle is high it could also be an air leak causing it to run lean.

I had a similar prob with mine andvfound the head bolts loose.

JSoto777

andyken said:
If it's cold where you are it could be too lean. A lean low needle will cause high idle, making the idle screw adjustment compensates for it at idle.

Still nothing

rcgasser

You said you were having problems with the stop button did you fix that? Try start with the button removed if it starts then you know that is the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts