• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spark plug tuning 8-9-12

ChuenouXiao

I notice that if you listen to your engine during a straight run... you can actually hear the motor switching over from low speed to high speed huh guys? Or am I just make believing? Please educate me on how to listen to your engine during high speed run and tuning....

TerraKill

ChuenouXiao said:
I notice that if you listen to your engine during a straight run... you can actually hear the motor switching over from low speed to high speed huh guys? Or am I just make believing? Please educate me on how to listen to your engine during high speed run and tuning....
or you could be hearing the engine power band kicking in? :D

ChuenouXiao

TerraKill said:
or you could be hearing the engine power band kicking in? :D
It sounds like it's transcending into high speed top end power... am I crazy here?

G

ChuenouXiao said:
It sounds like it's transcending into high speed top end power... am I crazy here?
desismileys_1035.gif Maybe just a little. You are most likely hearing it enter the power band.

Trip..

Post a vid of it running, I'll tell ya if it's lean or not.

That plug looks fine. When it turns chalky white and then turns silver from melted piston deposits, then you're in trouble.

Maybe you are hearing the "Turbo Boost" like Kitt? Does it fly over houses?

ChuenouXiao

I've been tuning my HSN base on max speed on high speed run. Don't know if this is a good idea. My question is if it's normal to hear my car rev high... like a real car... you know when you press the gas all the way and the RPM bounches up and own? Yea.... that's what my engine is doing... I don't know if that's normal. Or am I suppose to hear a smooth scream all the way through (not bounching RPM)?

ChuenouXiao

BTW.. .was running back in forth in the street and a truck came from the other side and cross over to my XB's lane heading the opposite side... I wonder what is going on in his or her head? Run over my XB? Piss me off? What is wrong with people today? Trying to scare me or play with me?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Should be smooth and scream'n. :D
So... base on what I'm hearing like the engine is bouncing on high RPM like in a real car... my engine is a bit lean on HSN?

BTW... the spark plug seems fine after checking it.... it doesn't seem to be lean....

With WOT the engine screams all the way.... and then after 2 second of smooth scream.... the engine does the high RPM bounce... your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Is it popping at the top of the rpm range?
If you mean popping at top end like in a real car where the RPM is bouncing at high rev... then yes. What does it mean?

G

Just a bit rich but that's OK. Thats a clasic 2 stroke pop. If it is more of a gargle and bog then you could lean it a bit. I've never heard it make a sound like a rev limiter.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I've been tuning my HSN base on max speed on high speed run. Don't know if this is a good idea. My question is if it's normal to hear my car rev high... like a real car... you know when you press the gas all the way and the RPM bounches up and own? Yea.... that's what my engine is doing... I don't know if that's normal. Or am I suppose to hear a smooth scream all the way through (not bounching RPM)?
Sounds like you're a bit lean, dude. Richen it a little.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts