• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shock shaft solutions

AlvaSpeed

Rapid Rick,

i ordered 2 87563 for other 2 Redcats and was able, at the last minute, to add the umbrella seals and the o-rings.

Thanks for the info.

vifrio

Hey Alva, I want those Umbrella Seals!...

hamster huey

Rampagehopups.com has the front shock shaft in stock and the rear is coming. It would be cheaper than new shocks but if you break them a lot I can see it getting tedious. I have necer broke one so I just want spares in case.

vifrio

I bend the shafts of my MT constantly... My Ramp MT has only a couple of tanks ran thru it and had already bent 6 shafts. And I´m not doing huge jumps or anything.

So yesterday I installed the HPI 87563 shafts. These shafts can really take a beating!. They are as long as the front shocks of the Ramp, but are shorter than the back shocks by a couple of mm.

AlvaSpeed

rapid rick,

I got all the parts.

That o-ring, HPI Part # 86927 , where does it go?

I am going to take everything apart today.

RAPID RICK

Hello AlvaSpeed

First of all sorry guys I have been away for a while, getting ready For BAJAFEST in September the 2 o-rings you mention 86927 go in the (87565 bottom shock caps to keep the oil in the shocks as well as the Umbrella Seals.) Watch the video and you will see where they go Here is the link

http://www.hpibajatutorials.com/showthread.php?t=515

hope that helps

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

fastlane said:
do u use the hpi shock mount provided with the shafts?
you mean the plastic lower end? yes just pop the ball out from the redcat end and put it into the hpi. your going to have to shim the lower spring retainer cous it will hit the suspension arm. im only running this set-up in my MT. my TT doesn't need it.(lighter wheels)

DemonRC

mooman007uk said:
I've ordered phatdad 4.8mm 5b front kits and will use 4 rear ramp shock bodies, the bajampage phatdads on my mt have taken a real hammering and are still in one piece.
Does anyone know how much longer the front ramtech 5b 20% springs are than the rampage ramtech springs, I think the rears may be too long but I want a slightly longer spring
I measured my Ramtech Baja springs at 5 1/4". I'm not sure how long the ones are for the Rampage.

grf

just an addition.

for the front i have fitted rear shock shafts from a smartech titan (they come in the shock rebuild kit). i drilled the stock ballends and used the hpi bottom cups for 6mm. it works perfect and the travel is the same as before. is was an easier and better fit than ss shafts.

titan rear shaft 93mm

rampage front shaft 94mm

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts