• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shock shaft solutions

vifrio

I did the "search thing".
But I am not afraid to ask.

Also when you search you will find (sometimes) old answers when you really are looking for are the "latest" answers. You know what I mean.
Well said Alva, there is always someone that will pull out that annoying comment about the SEARCH, like you didn't know about it.

Anyways, I am glad you started this thread cause now I know what I need to buy to get better shocks...

kryptonite

vifrio said:
Well said Alva, there is always someone that will pull out that annoying comment about the SEARCH, like you didn't know about it.
Anyways, I am glad you started this thread cause now I know what I need to buy to get better shocks...
glad it helped. i didnt know about the search key for a while untill someone told me.. but i still like new threads on old matters.

Piranha2

Contributor
vifrio said:
well Said Alva, There Is Always someone That Will Pull Out That annoying Comment about The Search, Like You Didn't Know About It.
Anyways, I Am Glad You Started This Thread Cause Now I Know What I Need To Buy To Get Better Shocks...
It Was A Suggestion To Help.....if You Can't Find An Answer, By All Means Ask!

Piranha2

Contributor
some good pics of his, search his threads

this forum is FILLED with usefull information and most information can be located by simply using the "search" key.

do a search and you will find pix

Use the search

Click SEARCH...........

Type your troubles into the "search" and you will probably find a solution.

theres lots of info if you use the search key

if you use the "search" function

do a search

also do a search

so you will have to search my threads for pics

do a search

Try the search feature ...........there are lots of fixs out there

do a search and find moo's vids

search limit , tie wraps , down travel, I believe there was a pic.

if you search my threads

search the threads

Search posts made by me

SO ALL these "someone's" are annoying you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha2

Contributor
Also try this...

ignore.jpg

/monthly_2009_06/ignore.jpg.1ee56cf20878950923e68a0b11e536bb.jpg

Piranha2

Contributor
kryptonite said:
oh man alva.. were running the hpi hd shafts the fit isnt perfect, but many of us are running it with no problems. all you need is 2 sets of hpi 6mm front shafts and 2 sets of hpi hd lower shock caps..............its not a problem with alloy arms. there is a few threads about the hpi's if you use the search key. you can do all 4 shocks for $62.00 us; i'll get you the part numbers.
Another someone annoying you?

Piranha2

Contributor
How about "someone" who does "annoying" double posts, false info and demands answers ASAP?

are they? Let me know asap
nobody knows?????
04-17-2009, 08:45 PM
AlvaSpeed

Member Join Date: Mar 2009

Posts: 95 ---------------------------------------------------------

When it was stock it was kind of slow off the line. Like a 4 cylinder with a big turbo. Then ..........and then a race carb.

Well see what happens.
04-17-2009, 08:48 PM
AlvaSpeed

Member Join Date: Mar 2009

Posts: 95-------------------------------------------------------------

When it was stock it was kind of slow off the line. Like a 4 cylinder with a big turbo. Then...........and then a race carb.

Well see what happens.
No failsafe could have saved it
But when you do not have current on the receiver there is nothing you can do.
??????????
???????????????
Hurry up with those part numbers!!!!!!!

kryptonite

prhana.. you have know idea the gut wrenching pain you just put in my gut from loaghing sooo hard.. i cant take it.. just stop.. lmao!!!! it seems like you get waffled often. like the for sale add?

jigawatt

advice has been taken on the ignore... very rude of a team driver.

Piranha2

Contributor
Not many people are that rude to my face....well, not more than their first "try".

06-02-2009, 09:34 PM
jigawatt

Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite
why? why, why why? jiga.. WHY!?!. i am very confidant that you are pretty damn smart.. and by the sounds of it, you are the smartest guy on your block.. but why the fans? it drives me crazy. in all of large scale history, with all the itt/mit/ass techs and engeneers and soft ware anilzers and geoligists and so on, NO ONE has every come up with a good reason to use computer fans.. i meen NO ONE.. so why now?
We obviously have a heat issue right? Heat gets trapped inside. Now, the fan would strictly be exhaust for the gear cover, suck all the hot air out by the A gear while the intake brings in cooler air across C and D gears. This is the cheapest way I can come up with that will efficiently get rid of the heat. All it takes is a LM317 (voltage regulator: $0.13-0.50), some wire, and a 35x35 or 40x40 fan (2-5 bucks) and bam, you are getting rid of heat at a pretty good rate. While these fans are relatively small, they pull/push 6-8 cubic feet of air per minute. Considering how small the volume is inside the gear cover, that's a lot of air movement potential.
If we weren't going to get metal gears, I was gettin ready to stock up on plastic gears and ordering fans asap.
Seriously, grow up guys, we are ALL playing with little toys as grown men so take that for what it really is...

hamster huey

The HPI oil is a different kind of oil not silicone. If I remember right its petroleum based? Anyway in the HPI manual for the shocks it says do not use silicone shock oil! No one can seem to answer why. Im thinking it eats something up inside. Im wondering as its also called "fork oil" if a motorcycle shop would have different weights. I am looking for some heavier than 40 weight. Yes I am still running 4 front baja shocks all around. I am going to try the catchaser/moo shock spring retainer cup spacer mod. Then I wont have to slightly dish out the arms but might anyways for the added throw.

kryptonite

hamster huey said:
The HPI oil is a different kind of oil not silicone. If I remember right its petroleum based? Anyway in the HPI manual for the shocks it says do not use silicone shock oil! No one can seem to answer why. .
i answered this on your other thread. but i would hate for somone to think that I don't know everything..lol.. :D . the fork oil has a foaming like action. when it compresses rapidly it foams and give a nice progressive fealing. thats what gives the 5b its very noticable handling charictoristics. the foaming action also couses pressure in the case. thats why the first gen 5bss shocks had foam in the lower cap. it was to stop them from leaking from too much pressure. they eventually fixed that with the newer brass fittings and only 2 O-rings. there is no damage to the seals by using standard silocone with the 5b shocks. it just wont handle the same..

AlvaSpeed

Kryptonite,

Thanks for your suggestion on the HPI shaft.

It bolted right in and the shaft looks way bigger than the stock one.

I put on my brother`s MT 35w front and 40w rear HPI fluid.

Have not had the opportunity to test it.

My piggybag`s reservoir bolts right into the stock shock body, so in my TT I will put the 6mm shafts on the stock bodies and top it off with my piggybags.

Thanks a lot form your help guys.........

hamster huey

Same deal this is what I found. Krypto is right. Baja oil foams for a progressive feel. It is petroleum based and best place for different wieghts is moto x shop. Also 40wt baja petroleum fork oil is a different wieght than 40 weight silicone. And a quart of fork oil is supposed to be the same price or cheaper than our tiny little rc bottles of oil. Now Im wondering if I should fill all my shocks w/fork oil.

kryptonite

hamster huey said:
Same deal this is what I found. Krypto is right. Baja oil foams for a progressive feel. It is petroleum based and best place for different wieghts is moto x shop. Also 40wt baja petroleum fork oil is a different wieght than 40 weight silicone. And a quart of fork oil is supposed to be the same price or cheaper than our tiny little rc bottles of oil. Now Im wondering if I should fill all my shocks w/fork oil.
funny. i guessed the same thing on your other thread..lol..

RAPID RICK

No more leaking shocks!

I have 3 Bajas and have Installed these Threshold Umbrella Seals in all 3 and all 12 shocks have not leaked a bit since, trust me, they are bullet proof! You must have the shock cap set for Valve Variable Control VVC HD shocks that come stock with the HPI Baja SS installed on your shocks to use these seals.

Here is the link from DDM it also provides a link to a video showing the installation of the Umbrella Seals as well.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.5377/.f

RAPID RICK

Absolutely AlvaSpeed They are the bottom shock caps, Not the Tops, sorry If I confused you Dude!

the DDM a link for it is HPI Part # 87565 here the link for it at DDM.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.657/.f

They do not come with the 2 O Rings that go in also, you must get them separate HPI Part # 86927 they are still required with the Threshold Umbrella Seals, but be warned you can not remove the Umbrella Seals after you install them I tried just out of curiosity. I usually rebuild my shocks after every run. I love Wrenching as much as running LOL but I haven't even had to ad one single drop to any of the 12 shocks I have used these seals in! All I do now is clean them and that's it!! Here is the link for the O-Rings

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl?c=885035&sc=12&category=&search=86927

Hope I helped AlvaSpeed

Rick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts