• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo Saver Adjustment?

Loud72

So here's the story...

My brother was driving my DR V3 4X4 on the 4th of July and lightly crashed the right wheel which attaches to the steering servo arm into his parked tractor. The servo gears broke in the stock servo. I replaced with a Hitec 5745 last night. Should I be concerned that I need to adjust my servo saver? I cannot seem to move the thing at all. Is that normal?

:confused:

Regards,

Loud72

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
you should be able to move the wheels back and forth...if you can't, something is binding....describe better what can't move...

Once that's worked out. you should tighten on the servo saver a little. The much stronger 5745 can take the extra tightening to keep your wheels straighter under load.

Loud72

Ok, let me clarify. The steering is fine. What I can't move is the blue aluminum thumb wheel that sits above the servo saver spring which I assume adjusts the tension on the spring. Is that normal? My fear is that the servo saver spring isnt' working at all and I'm going to trash my Hitec servo if I bump the front tires against a solid object at low to mid speed.

Regards,

Loud72

krashkrieg

Contributor
I just use a needle nose to tighten (it's a tough spring so you prolly won't be able to turn by hand anyway) use a pc cloth if you don't want to mar the metal...

laganm21

yes that spring is strong I have to use needle nose to turn it also, and another tick is to use a ziptie to keep the nut from backing all the way out and binding just trun the screw in untill you can get a ziptie between the fame brace and the screw and no more worries

krashkrieg

Contributor
chevy said:
that spring wasnt that tight for me! but i keep mine very loose almost bottomed out on top so i don't trash my servo in a crash, just wondering why do you want the servo saver nut so tight? i don't think thats any good for the servo?
Basically u buy a better servo in any RC so your wheels can stay straighter under heavy load...you use a heavier spring and or tighten down on the spring so it engages less...when the spring does come into play, your wheels are no longer straight...

The metal gear hitec is designed to handle that abuse..my beastly savage flux has a hitec titanium gear servo and heavy spring and those wheels are always straight even going 50mph down the street! Or hammering through rocky dirt path...straight I tell u...tighten that thing down some, it can take it..and u fly straighter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts