• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo horn upgrade

ChuenouXiao

I don't like the stock throttle horn for it's plastic. Any recommended aluminum horn that will work with my XB with very or no mod? Please let me know.

G

Are you still running the factory throttle servo? desismileys_6308.gif

G

I'm not sure of any off the top of my head. desismileys_6657.gif

I use the large red + arm and trimmed two of the arms off to make it a 2 sided arm instead of a 4 sider. It seems beefier and has held up great.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I'm not sure of any off the top of my head. desismileys_6657.gif I use the large red + arm and trimmed two of the arms off to make it a 2 sided arm instead of a 4 sider. It seems beefier and has held up great.
Yea... I think I have a few aluminum lying around but I think they are not the exact size. May have to cut, slice and measure them before using them. BTW... RCdad... I'm going to copy your emotion cartoon ok? :D LOL!

ChuenouXiao

ChuenouXiao said:
No....I have a high tech servo for throttle. I think my plastic piece is wearing out. The part that connects to the servo gear .....
I have confirm that its not that the plastic horn is wearing out at servo gear but.... its my set screw for my break are coming loose, tightening my brakes. Resulting in my car breaking and locking my brake shaft. With that, my throttle servo is somehow locked at a 13% acceleration no matter how I set the trim. I fixed it by taking my gear plate and everything apart, loctiting the brake set screw on the aluminum brake piece and everything seems fine now. Got my hands crossed....

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Yea... I think I have a few aluminum lying around but I think they are not the exact size. May have to cut, slice and measure them before using them. BTW... RCdad... I'm going to copy your emotion cartoon ok? :D LOL!
There are pages of them I stole it from Deluge. desismileys_3801.gif

G

ChuenouXiao said:
I have confirm that its not that the plastic horn is wearing out at servo gear but.... its my set screw for my break are coming loose, tightening my brakes. Resulting in my car breaking and locking my brake shaft. With that, my throttle servo is somehow locked at a 13% acceleration no matter how I set the trim. I fixed it by taking my gear plate and everything apart, loctiting the brake set screw on the aluminum brake piece and everything seems fine now. Got my hands crossed....
Sounds like you got it all under control. Give your self a pat on the back. desismileys_3044.gif

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Yeah, Hitec horns are usually pretty durable. Glad you figured it out.

tsudo5th

Does anyone knowwhat aluminum horn will fit on this servo?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts