• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo broke or...XT

FancyPants

Anyways...took the XT out this past weekend and after a full tank the XT started to stop respond, throttle that is. Then after about 10sec of holding the throttle down the truck would leap into action. So I drive it back to the truck to inspect. Steering servo working just fine. Throttle break worked just fine. So I figured maybe the battery, so I went home, charged up the battery...same response...full throttle, take about 10sec to respond then when it did the servo moved at at snails pace. But the brake worked immediately and fast. So I emailed redcat, and they told me to switch the channels on the receiver. Get home today and do what they needed, and same thing slow response on the throttle immediate response on the brake.

Btw everything is stock in the electronics area...I'm at a loss, I do have a second receiver for my specktrum that I might try but as of now I have no idea. Of course I don't want to upgrade, I know I should but if I don't have to I would like to stick to what it has.

You guys have any ideas?

FancyPants

RCDAD said:
Sounds like a crapped out servo. Is it still the stocker?
Yeah it's still the hexfly or hexly or something, and at the start of the day was working fine but we all know how some days end up...lol

G

They can be very short lived. I wouldn't mess around with it. Time for an upgrade. At least it wasn't sticking under throttle. Most of mine failed during WOT.

FancyPants

Alright well I'll see if they will warranty it, if not I'll search here for what you guys have recommended on just about every introductory thread...lol thanks for the quick replies.

andyken

What about if you reverse the switch on the tx? is it still slow reversed?

Linkage binding, with linkage off still slow?

There is a third trim for the ....steering end point/expo thing ? :)

But that shouldn't effect throttle...

G

Dreggsta said:
i subscribed to this thread. this sucks. maybe i should be looking at a thrttle servo too now lol. ahhh man...
Every RC I have ever owned needed the electronics upgraded. It's just one of those things. :confused:

FancyPants

well I've still yet to hear from Redcat on replacing which isn't that big of a deal...I think I'm just going to order the Hi-tec 645 and be done...luckily the steering servo is still good (knock on wood). but I think it was a combo of the battery, receiver and the servo just all being bad. already upgraded the receiver and the battery now on to the servo. I'll let you guys know if that fixed my issue. also to answer andy's question yes I did try to reverse the channels on the receiver. not quite sure how to do that on the TX (transmitter side) specially since its still the stock setup.

G

It just a POS servo. I would not recommend replacing it with a warranted replacement.

FancyPants

RCDAD said:
It just a POS servo. I would not recommend replacing it with a warranted replacement.
no I was going to get a replacement then send it to you...lol, in exchange for something...ahahaha, yeah I know POS, but I still love my XT first item to ever go out on it...I'm happy with that

G

FancyPants said:
no I was going to get a replacement then send it to you...lol, in exchange for something...ahahaha, yeah I know POS, but I still love my XT first item to ever go out on it...I'm happy with that
Id just send it to Alfred. He uses it for parts. :D

I wish the top plate would get redesigned to house another steering servo to be used for the throttle/ brake. It would last a lot longer. That is how the 5ive is laid out.

FancyPants

RCDAD said:
Id just send it to Alfred. He uses it for parts. :D I wish the top plate would get redesigned to house another steering servo to be used for the throttle/ brake. It would last a lot longer. That is how the 5ive is laid out.
I here you, would make a huge difference and longevity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts