• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rod roll cage vs tubing roll cage

G

Not that I am aware of...

phreerider

nice welding project, i want to see the welding jig set up! looks like plenty flat areas to get started with it. what kinda weight on the pieces?

crazyfast

Nice work! Can't wait to see the finished product! I don't have easy access to a welder, to I was going to make mine out of 3/8" aluminum rod from the local hardware store and use a low temp welding rod (from Harbor freight) as kinda like a solder.

JSoto777

Thanks everyone for compliments.

I'm probably going to weld it all up this weekend. Know someone with a wire fed welder, gonna try n tackle it myself. See if I can get her done. Also gonna mesh the windows with chainmail

crazyfast

How do are you going to attach the cage to the chassis? I was thinking if I used aluminum 3/8" rod, then I could just drill/tap the rod itself but if ya'll are using tubing, how do you attach it?

G

I welded nuts to the bottom of my tubing.

JSoto777

crazyfast said:
How do are you going to attach the cage to the chassis? I was thinking if I used aluminum 3/8" rod, then I could just drill/tap the rod itself but if ya'll are using tubing, how do you attach it?
Welding like flat rectangle washers to the ends of tubing then putting nut and bolt through the washer. And through chassi

JSoto777

claude bigelow said:
Man that's looking good! Don't have the skills to make one, but I have no problem paying for it. Do you plan on making more???
If I had the time I would have no problem. I should have had this done along time ago. With work and my wife trying to keep me to herself, it's hard to find time to work on things. Haha

But if I do decide to make another if I have time. I'll give u heads up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.