• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Reinforced Body

cs49230

New Owner, had to wait five days for missing parts, so decided to reinforce the body. Seeing all the destroyed bodies on YouTube showed me some of the weak points. I had a bunch of screen door screen out in the shop. Picked up two tubes of shoe goo and started cutting in pieces of screen and gluing them down. Popsicle sticks came in handy to mold the screen into the body ridges. Made an applicator of about 1 1/4" wide from a wide body filler applicator for the open areas. Put 3 layers on each corner and a double layer at the body posts. Thought about 3 layers at body posts but I would need to make new pin holes on the posts, as I can barely pin the posts with just 2 layers. May do it later, parts are in and now it is time for break-in and hopefully no breaking.

I figured with the weight of the truck a little extra weight isn't going to make a difference. Started with a body of 1lb 1/8oz ended with 1lb 9 1/8oz. Less than I expected using about 1 3/4 tubes of goo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online