• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat should sell kits &/or rolling chassis

Dreggsta

I put this in the x series section but it should be done for all redcat 1/5 scales. It'd be nice to get a kit or rolling chassis w/out the servos since we all replace those anyways. Be nice to have an option of with or without the engine, carb, exhaust & tx/rx. Kits should be a bit cheaper. I have a box full of parts that are stock that I'm not using.

Dreggsta

i bet. but as much as i've spent on parts like servos, better bearings & aluminum parts i sure would've appreciated the savings a kit or rolling chassis woulda saved me. i have parts that are good for back up but no more than that.

G

Keep in mind a roller might only be $50 - $100 less, since the Redcat parts are so inexpensive.

Dreggsta

yeh i thot the same thing as the savings would be in the labor + parts, or really, lack there of lol. i'd still be happy w/that savings. heck, a kit or rolling chassis w/out wheels would be nice too.

Deluge

I doubt you'd save that much. When I bought my V2 MT it didn't come with any radio equipment and still set me back around $820.

G

Dreggsta said:
yeh i thot the same thing as the savings would be in the labor + parts, or really, lack there of lol. i'd still be happy w/that savings. heck, a kit or rolling chassis w/out wheels would be nice too.
Labor is even cheaper.

Motakitty

They probably would lose alot of money cause no one would buy the electronics although the remote isn't bad but then again it's flysky

Dreggsta

RCDAD said:
Labor is even cheaper.
yeh i figure that too. i mean. it'd be nice to have a box that doesn't say "made in china" on it. at least in not so huge letters. maybe instead of outsourcing they could keep it in america if they did this. i mean, the trail goes from the us, to china then back here in the us or whereever the customer resides.

G

Redcat is not a manufacturer. They are a distributor of HSP products. High Speed Racing is a China based company. You could ask them to outsource and have their product made here. Then your XT would cost about $5000. ;) I don't know of any RC platform that has its parts made here and assembled here. It just is not cost effective.

Ol' fart

I'll sell a rolling chassis. As soon as I have the steering worked out ( soon) I will have all the parts needed except the shocks and suspension arms, and I'm thinking of making wider arms too. I'll work out a price and post it up soon.

Ol' fart

Chassis- Gas

Front and rear diff housings- you'll have to use stock diff's

Gear plate

Lay shaft plate

Center drive plates

rear bearing holders

front bearing holders

C-hubs/ bearings, not bushings

HPI wheel adapters

Shock mounts

steering rockers/ bearings not bushings

Full set ball bearings

Stainless steel hardware

Chassis- electric/ with servo mount/ 1/2 inch longer

Front and rear diff housings- you'll have to use stock diff's

rear bearing holders

front bearing holders

C-hubs/ bearings, not bushings

HPI wheel adapters

Shock mounts

steering rockers/ bearings not bushings

Full set ball bearings

Stainless steel hardware

Steel spur gear/ 48t or 44t

Motor housing

Motor cam

Rear brace

You'll need suspension arms and drive shafts and all the plastic parts to mount your body and bumpers.Motor, ESC, servos, shocks etc. etc. If you don't have that stuff and your too frickin lazy to order it I will but a package together for you priced accordingly.

Gas or electric as listed $799.00

If this sounds like something you'ld want, LMK

If it sounds like a complete waste of time, LMK

Last edited by a moderator:
G

That's a really good deal. That would make for an awesome platform!

G

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts