• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Rapage Rallye specs.

NitroMRX3C

does any one have the Redcat Rapage Rallye specs. compared to the FG 4wd Sportsline/Touring? mainly suspension and chassis setup? any major differences? qualilty?

NitroMRX3C

NitroMRX3C said:
does any one have the Redcat Rapage Rallye specs. compared to the FG 4wd Sportsline/Touring? mainly suspension and chassis setup? any major differences? qualilty?
i just read here that Redcat discontinued the Rallye????? i guess its the FG?

RampageHopUps

You can still get the HSP version in Canada. The on-road didn;t sell too well a few years ago.

G

FG makes nice on-roads. I have a 4WD sportsline. They are a bit more money though. MCD also makes a Rally for on or off road it is also pretty sweet!

NitroMRX3C

i kind of recall FG 1/5 scale years ago when i ran 1/8 nitro. i have an Ofna 1/8 GTP. i am looking for a 1/4 or 1/5 on road/rally. any big differences you know of with the FG and the MCD as far as suspension chassis setup or quality? are bodies and off road wheels interchangeable between the two or any other maker (most parts)? who supplies the most Hop-Up's and replacement parts? who distributes the FG? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
G

DDM and FG Supply are both good places that carry them on this side of the pond. I picked mine up from DDM.

Most of the on-roads are close in wheelbase so a lot of the bodies are interchangeable. The new MCD Rally now uses a 24mm wheel hex. FG still the 18mm square. The previous generations of the MCD Rally used the 18mm square. IMO FG has larger aftermarket support. However, most of it comes from across the pond. If you want strictly on-road I would say go FG.

G

They are available, but don't come factory installed.

G

The wheel base is the same. However the Redcat off-road vehicles are much wider. A few people have converted the MT to an on-road, but you need a lot of parts for the conversion.

G

If you want to start with an X-series vehicle the Grafil Rally body will fit that.

This is my XBE...

NitroMRX3C

WOW! That is a Cold Beauty! what is under the hood? what all did you have to convert for on road? i did this type of thing with my 1/8 ofna.

NitroMRX3C

how do they measure wheelbase? i see that the rampage is between 500mm - 516mm. where as the FG are 510mm -530mm? are the FG bodies to big? are the Redcat Rampage model cars made from the same chassis?

G

The Rally has a 520mm wheelbase. Slight trimming of the FG body wheel wells make it a good fit.

The FG bodies are way to narrow for any of the Redcat off-road vehicles. The suspension arms on the Rally are less than 1/2 the length of those on the off-road vehicles. That's why the FG bodies will only fit the Redcat Rally.

The Grafil Rally body has the right width and uncut wheel wells, so it will fit no problemo. The Grafil Rally body is really closer to a 1/4 scale body. It dwarfs the FG bodies.

All the 5th scale off-road vehicles have a much wider track width than the 5th scale on-road vehicles.

Last edited:
G

NitroMRX3C said:
WOW! That is a Cold Beauty! what is under the hood? what all did you have to convert for on road? i did this type of thing with my 1/8 ofna.
Currently a Leopard 5692 1340kv on a pair of 6s ran parallel. Still using the factory esc. I plan on a better esc to run 8s in the future.

To run it as an on-road it has the 7075RC Baja wheel adapters to run the Hostile slicks. I added internal shock limiters to shorten the travel with heavier shock fluid. This allows me to preload the springs without the ride height increasing. The X-series cars come with sway bars. With the wide stance it handles really well.

I didn't really have to do too much. Keep in mind I don't race it. I built it to be able to play in the neighborhood streets without upsetting the neighbors.

Last edited:
G

Here are a couple photos so you can get a feel of the scale of it. Redcat X-series wearing a Grafil rally body. The other body is a Redcat Rally wearing a FG body.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts