• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear shock tower question

JSoto777

My outside cage rear shock tower came in and it looks bad ass! Thanks Ol' fart for the new addition to my chimera! :)

JSoto777

G

Cage is look'n great on there!

JSoto777

claude bigelow said:
Is the wrap simple to do? I have some carbon fiber wrap that I need to do.
I'd recommend doing a practice piece with some vinyl that your not afraid to mess up. The roof piece was easy. But the others are pretty challenging. If u heat up the vinyl a little and pull then press to car and repeat, it should come out good. Try not to stretch to much. And don't heat it too hot cause it tends to shrivel. If it does wrinkle, jus pull it a little while heating it till wrinkles r gone. I did about one panel a day after work. You'll go mad trying to do them all in one night haha.

claude bigelow

JSoto777 said:
I'd recommend doing a practice piece with some vinyl that your not afraid to mess up. The roof piece was easy. But the others are pretty challenging. If u heat up the vinyl a little and pull then press to car and repeat, it should come out good. Try not to stretch to much. And don't heat it too hot cause it tends to shrivel. If it does wrinkle, jus pull it a little while heating it till wrinkles r gone. I did about one panel a day after work. You'll go mad trying to do them all in one night haha.
Thanks man, I'll give it a shot.

Ol' fart

The shock tower really looks good with the stock pipe. I can't tell put did you add some kind of support for the pipe at the end from the shock tower?

G

It's hard to keep them long regardless. They get hot enough to melt.

JSoto777

I plan on changing pipes but in the mean time I will add a support but currently the pipe is resting on the shock tower.

gotzeus

Well, had to order one.

kit looks awesome.

Needed the inside cage cause ill be using a jetpro.

Kaz the Minotaur

I got the narrow inside the cage rear shock tower for use with tuned pipe.

I don't know if I'm having a brain fart or what but I'm having 2 problems.

What are the 2 spacers for? They look like the 2 spacers that hold the engine up off the chassis. I also seem to be missing the little balls that go in the upper shock mounting holes near the cap.

I'm thinking that I'm just over looking something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts