• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear shock tower question

JSoto777

I recently looked at a rear shock tower from 7075 for the chimera. And notice in the pics, the stock exaust is off. I was wondering if the stock exaust would be compatible with this if not which exaust would work with this.

Or are there any other rear shock towers that would work?

G

That is the only aftermarket shock tower available for the Chimera.

I do believe the stock exhausts fits fine.

JSoto777

RCDAD said:
That is the only aftermarket shock tower available for the Chimera.I do believe the stock exhausts fits fine.
Cool cool and

I seen some from one of the websights. And if was fun metal. It said it was for the chimera as well but the design was different so idk??

JSoto777

mvaughn12 said:
I just installed that one yesterday and you have to use pliers to bend the gap from the exhaust down just about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch for it to fit.
Can u put a pic up please.

And u Bend what, the tower??

mvaughn12

Soon as I get in this evening from work I'll take a picture and post it. what you are bending is the tail pipe down from the muffler itself the gap between the muffler and the tailpipe is not wide enough for the installation of the shock tower so you are bendining down the tail pipe about 1/2 to it will fit properly. The Muffler sits in the Ushape and the tail pipe goes underneath but you have to bend it a little for it to fit due to the gap it too close to stand the shock mount up properly.

JSoto777

mvaughn12 said:
Soon as I get in this evening from work I'll take a picture and post it. what you are bending is the tail pipe down from the muffler itself the gap between the muffler and the tailpipe is not wide enough for the installation of the shock tower so you are bendining down the tail pipe about 1/2 to it will fit properly. The Muffler sits in the Ushape and the tail pipe goes underneath but you have to bend it a little for it to fit due to the gap it too close to stand the shock mount up properly.
Oh ok icic. I'm thinking of getting this. As it is pretty inexpensive. Thanks

G

Cool.

I would like so see a pic myself.

mvaughn12

Keep in mind the front shock tower will mount fine but the rear you can in stall it but you will need to add an extension to mount the shocks. The rear shock will not mount to the top of the mounts you basically have to add a strip of metal to have it connect only the arms will mount to it. so basically it will look like the stock with the lower arms on it. I'll send a picture when I get in to show you what I mean.

Ol' fart

The stock exhaust fits fine. I took it off in the pic so you can see the tower better. I sell two kits now. I call them kits because they come with the shock tower AND a sway bar, plus the lower mounts for the shocks. The tower in the site pic is for stock exhaust pipes. Aftermarket pipes will not fit because they dump the exhaust right on the shock, not good. The second one I make places the shocks inside the cage so you can run most any aftermarket pipe. No pic on the site yet so here is a good shot

G

That looks sweet. Nice Fit!

mvaughn12

Ok here is the picture of the gap I was trying to explain notice the tail pipe to the muffler you need to bend it down about 1/2 inch to gap it for the tailpipe to go under the brace and the muffler to fit on top of the brace in the Uslot for it.

shock1.jpg

shock1.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/shock1.jpg.db753ab318de0448968a237711cf3e22.jpg

mvaughn12

i'll take a picture soon as I get in this evening without the pipe

mvaughn12

Ok here are pictures of the rear shock mounts lol I think I did get sent the wrong rears. LOl there's no way to mount the rear shocks to the shock tower lol.

shock9.jpg

unnamed.jpg

shock9.jpg

unnamed.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/shock9.jpg.501db5d5e1cb652fac76a0051764e9f0.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/unnamed.jpg.6e838f911a447bfb4549ac83ea67e1bd.jpg

Ol' fart

I didn't do it. LOL

You need to order the Chimera rear shock mount kit. Inside or outside the cage will work with that pipe. You will end up with a sway bar too, it makes a huge difference in handling. Only 60 bucks for the kit, it comes with everything you'll need right down to the screws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts