• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear shock tower question

Ol' fart

Nope, no coupons, no codes. If you order one make sure you say which one you want, Inside or outside the cage. The site only shows one kind now.

JSoto777

Ol said:
Nope, no coupons, no codes. If you order one make sure you say which one you want, Inside or outside the cage. The site only shows one kind now.
Do u have any pictures of inside the cage but at a side angle. and is it available black??

Last edited by a moderator:

JSoto777

Does anyone know if there are any after market pipes that will work with the rear shock tower(outside cage type) from 7075.

I was thinking the jet pro for the dune runner??

G

The Jetpro is the only one designed for the Chimera that I am aware of. You need the inside shock tower to use it. You don't want the exhaust heating up the shock.

The X-can would probably work with the other shock tower.

Mycbr6rr

The X can is great ,you can route the pipes any way you want,you just have to buy the othe pieces for the X can to be able to route them different

G

JSoto777 said:
What if I use a pies of hose to direct the heat towards the front of the car??
You would have to trim the stinger down. It is very close to the shock. It's kinda silly when there is a part out there that makes it work.

G

7075RC has the other style shock tower designed for the Jetpro pipe.

Another option would be to contact Dino @ Jetpro and ask if he could make one with the stinger pointed down instead of back.

JSoto777

RCDAD said:
7075RC has the other style shock tower designed for the Jetpro pipe.Another option would be to contact Dino @ Jetpro and ask if he could make one with the stinger pointed down instead of back.
I just contacted Dino from jetpro and he said he can do just that! :) heck yes!

Mycbr6rr

Ol said:
The stock exhaust fits fine. I took it off in the pic so you can see the tower better. I sell two kits now. I call them kits because they come with the shock tower AND a sway bar, plus the lower mounts for the shocks. The tower in the site pic is for stock exhaust pipes. Aftermarket pipes will not fit because they dump the exhaust right on the shock, not good. The second one I make places the shocks inside the cage so you can run most any aftermarket pipe. No pic on the site yet so here is a good shot
Hey this Nolan

I just got my shock tower kit for the Chimera ,I got the inside one and the shocks hit the roll cage .what do you do about this?

Mycbr6rr

where my finger is is were it hits the cage when shock is compressed

G

Do you run it with no preload on the spring? Maybe they don't hit if the spring color is under the cage.

I run a good 1/2" of preload on the lighter electric version.

zipperhead

i just mounted my jetpro pipe to the chimera.

i want to get the rear shock tower, but im confused.

i need the tower that mounts the shocks inside the cage.

i clicked on the rear shock tower, i didnt see a spot for me to put in i need a specific mount.

fact of the matter is, i don't want to knowingly order the incorrect rear shock tower, and get the wrong one cause i missed something.

one is 40, on is 60, im assuming the one i need is 40??

G

There is normally a spot during checkout on the Paypal screen to leave a message.

For the Chimera it is the $60 kit, because you need the lower shock relocation tabs and the sway bar and fittings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts