• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rcmk head with cy 4 bolt.....

tsudo5th

And rear with side drop.

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/tsudo5th/IMAG0099.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/tsudo5th/IMAG0100.jpg[/img]

He had to do more custom to fit under my body but he is going to buy an MT so he can make a pipe to fit nice and some other parts.

G

That looks great. Do you have an idea on a selling price for that pipe? I think that would fit under the XSC. I still need a pipe for that:D

tsudo5th

I am way happy with the engine and pipe performance today. I f#¿%in screams! My whole issue is suspension. Can't keep cars power on track and can't keep from nose diving off jumps.

tsudo5th

Hey dad does the xsc have the same rear cage section as the MT? Gfr is going to make the MT pipes that will clear the rear part of cage. That would be a great pipe for it.

G

No...

The XT, XB, and XSC are the same. They share the same cage.

The MT is a completely different platform. The cage is different.

G

Jetpro has different side pipes for the XT & MT.

All the X series have the side guards which makes for a wider chassis base.

Last edited:

Deluge

Generally, holding the throttle a bit longer when you hit the jump helps prevent nose diving. 5th scales don't jump like 8th scales, it takes a little practice.

alfred e numan

pipe

Is the pipe hydroformed? Or is it stamped in a mold? Just wondering. On the suspension, you could lighten the weight of the silicone up in the front - faster rebound. perhaps thicker silicone in the rears to slow down the rebound. Spring pre-load is another thing to take into account. Trial and error.

alfred e numan

pipe

On dirt bikes, stamped pipes have better flow. This should apply to any size engine. Want to see something truly scary? check out the fellows on youtube hydroforming pipes with no cage in the event the pipe bursts. I have also seen guys remove pipe dents by sealing off the stinger-header and taking a torch to the dented area. Frightful to say the least! I quickly removed myself from the area. -- Yea, the rcmk on the track really honks on, looks lke it may have a wt 257, no air purge bulb.- just a guess?

Deluge

Lol. That's awesome. I remember taking dents out of nitro pipes by filling them up with water and throwing them in the freezer. Worked well.

alfred e numan

pipe

Yea, that is the safe and smart way to remove dents.- The torch idea? Well-- its a good way to use up 9 lives in one fell swoop!!lol. That one guy on u-tube doing the hydro- he had about 5k psi - it looked like a fricken boa constrictor giveing birth- then a few weak welds started to hiss-- laying on the lawn i might add-- scary stuff huh?

tsudo5th

The Carb is a wt 1048. Crazy Carb! Takes learning to start but after it moves some boom juice!

tsudo5th

Truck, engine and pipe took some dirt Sunday. %5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/tsudo5th/IMAG0102.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/tsudo5th/IMAG0103.jpg[/img]

Drivetrain took at good. Suspension sucks!

Deluge

alfred e numan said:
Yea, that is the safe and smart way to remove dents.- The torch idea? Well-- its a good way to use up 9 lives in one fell swoop!!lol. That one guy on u-tube doing the hydro- he had about 5k psi - it looked like a fricken boa constrictor giveing birth- then a few weak welds started to hiss-- laying on the lawn i might add-- scary stuff huh?
Lol! That's nuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts