• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XT vs MT Pro

Lenny7118

Can anyone give me their personal experiences with the Rampage MT Pro , is it worth getting it instead of the XT?

G

The MT pro is a nice truck. Full of aluminum hop ups. The XT looks like a big piece of plastic next to it. The MT is heavy duty in comparison. It is also heavier so a little slower out of the box.

krashkrieg

Contributor
The MT Pro is pretty much all aluminum (except for the diff cases). It adds several pounds to the overall weight. It also doesn't allow for flex, when you hit something hard, it just bends.

You really have to compare the standard MT to the newer XT.

There are a lot of posts on here comparing MT series to the XT series...It really comes down to personal tastes, browse around the threads and you'll find lots of info on the differences.

Deluge

Back when I was first looking at the MT, I was considering the Pro, but decided to get the standard version. The MT is heavy enough without all that added aluminum, and breaking plastic parts is cheaper than breaking/bending aluminum parts. Not to mention back then if you did break an aluminum part, you had a hell of a time finding a replacement that matches. Blue aluminum parts were hard to come by. So my advice is, if you buy an MT, get the standard version and upgrade as you break stuff. Some of the aluminum parts on the Pro are unnecessary.

Loud72

I'm looking at possibly getting my 2nd 1/5 to go with my Dune Runner and am also curious about the MT Pro. I'm looking to keep my Dune as a racer and get an MT for a basher. If the aluminum parts are going to get bent and break when trying to bend them back then I'm leaning towards the MT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith81

I bash my mt pro pretty hard and I haven't had any issues to date, my regular mt gets bashed equally as hard and has broken some plastic stuff...

I would certainly get a mt or mt pro over an xt any day of the week...

I'm looking at my 3rd mt now, trying to find a good deal and convert it to a TT...

Kylar

Personally I would go with the MT, Use the money saved on hop ups.

I haven't had the best experiences with aluminum arms in the past

Kylar

forgot to add out of the 2 i would go with the MT over the XT. The MT line is bigger and more durable IMO.

big JC

On the MT versus XT debate was wondering how many of you guys who strongly prefer the MT have also owned and beaten on the x series? Is it just that the mt is more durable even after addressing the hubs on the xt? Is the mt really bigger or just the tires? Aside from durability which is more fun as I imagine the xt must be faster? Been reading all I can on the two but am still on the fence as which to get

G

I have both. The mt is more beefy. Parts are all thicker. Chassis is more rigid. It's just a tougher platform. It all comes at a cost. As it is a mid 30 pound beast. A good 10lbs heavier than the xb.

Lenny7118

Keith81 said:
I bash my mt pro pretty hard and I haven't had any issues to date, my regular mt gets bashed equally as hard and has broken some plastic stuff... I would certainly get a mt or mt pro over an xt any day of the week...

I'm looking at my 3rd mt now, trying to find a good deal and convert it to a TT...
I ordered my MT pro last week just waiting for it to arrive. People say get the MT than just upgrade, well I'm doing that off the start by getting the MT pro.

G

Awesome! That's one nice truck.

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
I have both. The mt is more beefy. Parts are all thicker. Chassis is more rigid. It's just a tougher platform. It all comes at a cost. As it is a mid 30 pound beast. A good 10lbs heavier than the xb.
1+ I have both also the MT is a way no comparison more durable truck and with the right hop up you can make the mt just as fast and still have the great durability.

rcgasser

Lenny7118 said:
I ordered my MT pro last week just waiting for it to arrive. People say get the MT than just upgrade, well I'm doing that off the start by getting the MT pro.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! you will have fun with that beast be ready to buy a pipe soon the redcat pipes sucks and break very easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.