• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage xt steering servo

Erik J.

Hey my stock steering servo is a little bit weak. What do do you recommend for a stronger servo?when i speed up it steers very weak.

I now have a 30kg steering servo and it runs on 6v.

Erik J.

What reciever batterij you recommend Then and does the stock gas servo need To be replaced to?

G

If you run one of the 5000mah hump packs, then you will be good with any servo. If you upgrade to one of the higher voltage lipos, you need to run high voltage servos.

Deluge

The throttle/brake servo should be replaced, as well. The stock servos have caused some runaways. A Hitec 645 is a good throttle servo, but any standard size servo will work. The Savox servo specs look pretty good. A little better than a Hitec 5805 @ 6.0V.

Hitec 5805 specs

Motor Type: 3 Pole Ferrite

Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearing

Speed (4.8V/6.0V): 0.19 / 0.14

Torque oz./in. (4.8V/6.0V): 275 / 343

Torque kg./cm. (4.8V/6.0V): 19.8 / 24.7

Size in Inches: 2.59 x 1.18 x 2.26

Size in Millimeters: 65.79 x 29.97 x 57.40

Weight ounces: 6.95

Weight grams: 197.03

Savox SV-0235mg specs

Dimensions(mm): 65.8x30x57.4

Weight(g): 200

Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .16

Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 388.8

Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .13

Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 486.1

Gear: Metal

Bearing: 2BB

Case: Full Aluminum

Erik J.

I also found the savox SV-0236mg that's has à little more power.but the stock gas servo has a fail safe on it or does this not work then?If i replace them both do i need a bigger reciever battery?I found a 4600mAh battery with i can buy in the netherlands.

Deluge

The servo itself doesn't have a failsafe. That's a radio setting, and it can be removed. The throttle servo is a standard size servo, so any standard servo will work. As far as the battery, anything over 4000mAh will get the job done.

Ruffy

Go with the double steering servo upgrade. I don't know why redcat has the xt turning them big tires with one of them cheap servos.

Deluge

Doesn't need dual servos. One really good servo will swing the tires. I have a 5805 on my MT and it swings those heavy tires without a problem.

Dual servos will just kill your battery faster. And they have to be perfectly adjusted so they don't fight each other, etc.

Erik J.

What is the name of the throttle servo that's causes runaways?Mabe they installed a different one.i have found the savox-sc-0252mg. Is this any good?

Erik J.

what kind of plugs has the stock redcat reciever?because i whas looking for the killerbee killswitch but i need a splitter for the cables and i found many brands

G

I soldered and shrink tube my connections. The receiver box can get really full.

Erik J.

oke but please look a www.pitstop-shop.nl then electronics,accessories,all kinds,killerbee and then connection manuals.there is a split cable in the 2ch picture

Erik J.

i need to know what plug that is futaba or something else so i can order the killer bee for my 2ch reciever.i'm also getting a 4600mAh battery and the Savöx SC-1258TG for throttle and the Savöx SV0236MG for steering

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts