• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT Stock Radio Performance?

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid... many people around here said that turning off the Tx is really not good for the servos, as it leaves the Rx with no signal so I would prefer to have a dedicated channel for the killswitch. I was asking how many channels it has because some websites list it as a 3-channel and others list it as "3 proportional channels + 1 toggle channel" and I suppose a toggle channel would be just perfect for the killswitch...
My 3rd is a "toggle" and it's set for the kill switch but the on off switch on the back of the Tx is easier to use.

I really don't see how you can hurt the Rx or servos by NOT putting power through them

Everything just goes back to default positions.

Ice_2k

If I remember correctly, you have a different model, not the 3PL. The 3PL oficial webpage clearly states "3 proportional channels plus 1 switched, non-proportional channel." but I would really like to get a confirmation from someone owning one that the 4th channel is suitable for the killswitch.

As far as killing the Tx, if I remember correctly people were saying that the Rx losing signal causes it to send weird signals to the servo...

Phill

Never seen that happen in 30yrs of rc

Tx off nmeans no signals to Rx to activate servos

Back in the old days taxi cab radios would activate servos but that ws on 27 Mh not 2.4 gig

blak__jak

activating the kill switch by flipping the radio off only has to be a momentary action. you can turn the radio back on after the engine dies if your worried about damage to servos. it not like your engine going to restart itself.

307_Proud

my brand new MT is in transit! Just some other thoughts regarding the included receiver pack. What is it 1500mah? Is it just a standard hump pack?

Im sure it drains rather quickly with the 2 large scale steering servos, it seems most say that it lasts about 1 tank of fuel? I do have a separate Duratrax 1600mah that Ive had for a couple years, works great in my MGT 8.0 for a few hrs. I know that's a smaller truck as well. What is a good reliable battery that's going to last in this truck? Also I have a quality charger, with automatic trickle.

Gonna hold off on the Futaba radio for awhile, Ill make do with the stocker. What are some good steering servos I can look for as well, throttle brake as well?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts