• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT gear train questions

Boomkidd

I'd reckon something is out of balance somewhere.
I'm running a Zen G290
Im running a stock CY 32cc. I wouldnt be surprised if something were out of balance- not the best looking engine in the world. Maybe I should save some bucks for a Zenoah long block. Does everything swap over to Zenoah no problem?

designed2survive

Im running a stock CY 32cc. I wouldnt be surprised if something were out of balance- not the best looking engine in the world. Maybe I should save some bucks for a Zenoah long block. Does everything swap over to Zenoah no problem?

Everything swaps with no problem except for the zenoah g320 where the fan shroud is different and the clutch housing needs to be the right one.

Boomkidd

Everything swaps with no problem except for the zenoah g320 where the fan shroud is different and the clutch housing needs to be the right one.
I may just run the G29. Easier if everything swaps over. I sort of want the most power of course too lol Looks like there's a new one on ebay for like $120- not a bad deal. I honestly didnt realize my stock 32cc engine was vibrating that bad. I thought that was normal w/ like every 2 stroke. Come to think of it, it was pretty hard to get the flat head on the needle screws from the vibrations at times. Hmmm....

Phill

I may just run the G29. Easier if everything swaps over. I sort of want the most power of course too lol Looks like there's a new one on ebay for like $120- not a bad deal. I honestly didnt realize my stock 32cc engine was vibrating that bad. I thought that was normal w/ like every 2 stroke. Come to think of it, it was pretty hard to get the flat head on the needle screws from the vibrations at times. Hmmm....

Personally I'd just go full Zen from the start
That way you know you;re not going to have any problems

Boomkidd

Personally I'd just go full Zen from the start
That way you know you;re not going to have any problems
Ah yea, true. Didnt think something else could be out like the flywheel, etc. *sigh* Just trying to save bucks at the moment. (Sorta got laid off.) I'll save for a bit, then look for something good I think. Maybe something w/ some power. No clue what to aim for. Suggestions?

designed2survive

Ah yea, true. Didnt think something else could be out like the flywheel, etc. *sigh* Just trying to save bucks at the moment. (Sorta got laid off.) I'll save for a bit, then look for something good I think. Maybe something w/ some power. No clue what to aim for. Suggestions?

@Boomkidd For reliable power you can't go wrong with a zenoah g320. It's a monster even in stock form.

They go often on the deal of the day at DDM for $50 off.

I would save up and get one.

Boomkidd

You know thinking about it, I lost a clutch bolt at one point and ordered only one from DDM. The one shipped was shaped like, differently a bit. Could be different weight from the factory clutch bolt. Any chance that could cause the excessive vibrations? I could order a 2nd clutch bolt from DDM for like 4, $5 bucks. What do you guys say?

designed2survive

You know thinking about it, I lost a clutch bolt at one point and ordered only one from DDM. The one shipped was shaped like, differently a bit. Could be different weight from the factory clutch bolt. Any chance that could cause the excessive vibrations? I could order a 2nd clutch bolt from DDM for like 4, $5 bucks. What do you guys say?

@Boomkidd There are 2 types of clutch shoes, zenoah and CY. They are both different. Zenoah has 8mm bolt holes while the CY has 9mm. If you are using the zenoah 8mm clutch shoe bolt on the CY clutch shoe (9mm bolt holes) that could explain the vibration you are having. Only way to know is to use the proper bolt and see. Here are links for all parts.

- Zenoah clutch shoe (8mm bolt holes). Zenoah full set of clutch hardware must be used with this clutch.

- Zenoah 8mm clutch shoe bolts. Must be used with zenoah clutch.

- CY clutch shoe (9mm bolt holes). CY 9mm clutch shoe bolts must be used with this clutch.

- CY 9mm clutch shoe bolts. Must be used with CY clutch.

Boomkidd

@Boomkidd There are 2 types of clutch shoes, zenoah and CY. They are both different. Zenoah has 8mm bolt holes while the CY has 9mm. If you are using the zenoah 8mm clutch shoe bolt on the CY clutch shoe (9mm bolt holes) that could explain the vibration you are having. Only way to know is to use the proper bolt and see. Here are links for all parts.

- Zenoah clutch shoe (8mm bolt holes). Zenoah full set of clutch hardware must be used with this clutch.

- Zenoah 8mm clutch shoe bolts. Must be used with zenoah clutch.

- CY clutch shoe (9mm bolt holes). CY 9mm clutch shoe bolts must be used with this clutch.

- CY 9mm clutch shoe bolts. Must be used with CY clutch.

Wow, damn that's some great knowledge you have there! I had NO CLUE! lol I saw a clutch bolt, didnt realize theres a 1mm difference and just purchased it that short time ago. I think I have the 8mm one in there when the 9mm should be... I'm going to order a set of the proper size ones. Sure am glad I asked this! Thanks SO much man! Awesome help! I will remove the engine in a little bit and put the caliper gauge in the hole and on the bolts shoulder to see. I know the clutch bolts are tight, but I remember I could hear a click noise when trying to move the clutch around (as tho it has 1mm of play- cant really see the movement, but its there.)

Phill

That could well be it.
I haven't heard of any problems with the new CY 4 bolts.
For $5 it's worth a try

Boomkidd

So, this MCD RRV4 gear cover I can only find on largescalerc.com and its been out of stock. Is there another cover out there that would fit this w/ a belt kit on it? Sucks... I may have to end up ordering another belt kit just for the cover. Hope not! If I do, I'm ordering a 1:5 belt. Thanks in advance once again!

Phill

So, this MCD RRV4 gear cover I can only find on largescalerc.com and its been out of stock. Is there another cover out there that would fit this w/ a belt kit on it? Sucks... I may have to end up ordering another belt kit just for the cover. Hope not! If I do, I'm ordering a 1:5 belt. Thanks in advance once again!

Stern sells the covers separately
If you've got the vibration prob fixed it should do the job

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts