• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage mt engine cracked

Rampagemt2016

Started my rampage the other day and noticed it was shaking. I turned it off and noticed the crankcase is cracked wtf. The truck has hardly been driven and never crashed. I'm a little upset with this truck. It's had some issues but this is just unexceptible. Now I either buy new motor and keep it but I'm at the point of selling it. Ive had more time fixing it than running it. And I've been in this hobby for bout 10 years so I'm not a noob to this. I understand things break but come on I can't even run this thing without having a problem that requires fixing.

davidjb

I don't know how this works I've never joined a forum help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidjb

I have rampage my pro and I don't know how to set the travel on the throttle servo and it keeps striping the horn any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rampagemt2016

Yes I have 3 1/5 scales a hpi Baja and a losi 5t . And the rampage. Just very shocked the engine would crack like it did it's been driven lightly not abused. Still like the truck. I'll just get another motor I guess. It is what it is

Ol' fart

???

1ST thing, I have never heard of a motor case cracking, very strange but keep in mind Redcat didn't make the motor. Just for the record where did it crack?

Rampagemt2016

The motor cracked in 2 spots on the flywheel side of the case. I haven't seen that happen either. Motor was running great I just noticed it was shaking alot when running and I found the 2 cracks. N like I said it's never been crashed. Maybe just a bad spot in the case idk but it sure did happen. Motor still runs but it shakes really bad. I've looked at everything on my truck and can't find anything that would have caused that to happen. Anyways I talked with the guys at Redcat and they're great bout warranty. They sent me out a new motor. Redcoats customer service is great couldn't be happier.

Ol' fart

That could be a seriously out of balance flywheel, take a look at that too Rob.

Keep us up to date on this one please....

Rampagemt2016

I though it was also porosity hidden in the metal also but would have to tear it all down to confirm it. I'm familiar with porosity i have a metal working shop and Cnc lathe and mill at work. And it very well could be flywheel way out of balance too. I sent pics of the cracks I found to Redcat and they sent me a new motor out. The guys at Redcat are great and help out in a bad situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.