• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question about futaba aluminum servo mount

countstevula

Contributor
Question for you guys.....I'm getting some parts together before my Rampage arrives and I bought 2 Hitec 805BB servos. Do I need the redcat aluminum futaba servo mounts part # 050010b for the servos to fit? If so, how many do I need? Thanks

chevy

the aluminum futaba will work with the 805bb on the opposite side the radio box is you only need one mount and one, servo the 805bb if fat and wont fit under the radio box.

chevy

yes exactly the same except for the hitec-805mg has metal gears , I did see a kit to convert the 805bb to a mg.

Gee

Contributor
Not to hijack what appears to be a dead thread but....

Are the Futaba Mounts the same hieght as the stock mounts?

chevy

gee the thread aint dead, No I'm sure its slightly taller just enuff to fit the thickness of the 805bb and the hitec 645mg with a small gap between the two servos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gee

Contributor
I made some mounts out of lexan before I knew about the futaba mounts. Basically the same size as the stock mounts. I was looking today that if the mounts were shorter where the throttle servo was sitting basically on top of the steering servo it would help with the clearance around the HPI airfilter. When the motivation hits me I will shorten the ones I made and see if it helps. I would like the futuba mounts but will have to see know how the adjustment works on these. Thanks for the response chevy.

LexanServoMounts_4sqJPG.jpg

By the looks of it should be able to lower it about 8-9mm. Hmm could even go lower for a better angle to the throttle if I had a half size servo........

Badrampagemt

Just use the fut alum servo mounts the sfl10 fits right in and its the same height ive use them on mine and ive got 2 sfl 10 servos on the truck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts