• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

i have had very little trouble with the the front in general. the load is just less. the weight dump on the back end is hard to deny. and for the most part, i only used a dry lube spray on the front with no boots , although boot covers are an attractive add on the basic self clearing cvd joint seems to do fine.

the mud guards have proven profoundly effective, glad i chopped the wing instead of using duct tape!

AND the small track was groomed for race one day and took the liberty to run on virgin smooth dirt, man the big banked turns full bore in one smooth rip are supreme! thanks to DUAL servos! seemingly could easily beat the riders, well matched with 125cc for speed and pull away power.

also made the jump from stock outdrives on the front to 7075RC ( which have been on the rear)

phreerider

forgot one other change. clutch spring broke its was the 9500... can't remember the runtime. anyway jumped into the DDM 7500 lifetime warranty spring...if it last we''ll see...but def miss the 9500 for super hard launches. though the 7500 has given better throttle response through the turns, just a fraction missing on the launch once it heats up. since its the LAST spring i'll ever by may get the 10K next round SHOULD failure occur.

phreerider

bagged couple more runs at the ATV track, did a few tow sessions with fresh OBR mill and the 7500 spring, very nice combo. run and rev with ease... maybe too fast. and have been running Front 7075rc caster spindle set after the cvd rebuild and indeed they are butter smooth might i add,...also kept the throw limiters screws on the casters from the 4 wheel steer project, def controls steer system lash on the ends...looks like

also been distracted by another project, which has lead me to an off-road tow proto i put together with the first round last weekend ., if i can remember to bring gopro a vid in a week or so ...may be the end all spawn of madness. in the basement soon

phreerider

Out at atv doing it, somewhere between 4-5 tank clutch spring lets go....but this is no regular clutch spring its the DDM lifetime deal on the 7500. less than 20 hours... hmm didnot feel like life time,

here we go, we'll see if DDM backs this 10$ , don't really think its anything different than the others, a 15 cent spring i'm sure! you pay in advance for like 50! may do the 9500 in the switch.

any way really mastering down the track flow on the small track full bore banked turns . unit is holding up tuff! did a 15 + cartwheeler and full on topside slam into tires.

OBR 30.5 ripping flawlessly

still need the MT shocks!

trenchers are about half gone on the tread, my make a year gonna be close, a few weeks of street tow and i'll have slicks!

sticking with ALL ZEN clutch parts has really been nice, first time had to crack it open in a while...but it ain't been no lifetime DDM!

phreerider

surprised! break open the unit and clutch and spring are SOLID!

the real culprit. gear plate to clutch housing bolt got tweak and was striped housing threads, very minor but clutch was binding, back together, up sized bolt a fraction bang on!ready to rock!, i guess 15 cartwheeler finish is gonna tweak something!

glad the spring is ON, 7500 is nice all around launch ,,it was painin' me looking at the 6000 spring before i opened the clutch.

phreerider

the real culprit further realized. clutch bell mount bearings on the gear plate near 600hrs of operation, a fraction of sag so the bell is resting on the shoes.

gear plate bearings! should have swapped at 500hour mark, knew it!!. plus i ALREADY HAD THEM!...i deserve the hassle

phreerider

4month sit, action was only 4 pulls away.

GO OBR !

lipo was ready as well. only batteries for Tx!

ohyeah!..factory mill rebuild with full mod top end kit on the horizon seems like an easy backup with serious thump.

anyway where RCDAD?

phreerider

phresh!

think i may sand blast these, texture bling! sometimes you have that

ANYBODY come up with decent split ball ends?

oh yeah, steer as well. new tie rods . nimble and tight

still no brakes .. just rip.

phreerider

stepping up to MT shocks on the back pics when i get them.

5 vendors!, a mountain of parts for fall/ winter projects, mill swaps, new rides, blah blah blah.

phreerider

fresh MT SHOCKS(rears) ! easy add on and wow the steer response is so direct now, should done this awhile ago

comparison with XB rear

the only change to make them work , jump the xb ball mounts onto MT lower ends

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

oh yeah, fresh 30.5 OBR 2 bolt race port top end is mill of choice now ,

serious bargain power

phreerider

9500 rpm spring , sticking with Zen set up with CY housing

some mods where required to use the zen clutch carrier for and CY housing, even though i run Zen clutch on the original redcat clutch housing with out mods.

but the CY from DDM with Zen carrier needed some room.

added bevel

ample gap mounted

phreerider

and also the height difference on ZEN clutch housing and CY housing. i have decided to stay with CY housing because motor mount/gearplate dimension require it , but will mod Zen to fit eventually. this is different than the added bevel for clutch carrier using CY housing and Zen carrier on HY clone case which is the case on the previous post. but should be in knowledge base for the curious

ADDENDUM- zenoah actually makes a "shorty" version that reflects CY specs so if Zen parts are the preference its can be had to fit ur stuff

phreerider

MT gear plate with stock gears at about 800+ hours, bell shaft is just into 3rd set of bearings, idler and lay still on original MT set, face wear suggest they stay for more.

red n tacky # 2 grease, keeping them happy

phreerider

OBR 2 bolt 30.5cc top end kit is just plain awesome, mill is peaking and trenchers are disappearing like erasers.

phreerider

2 tank tow/bash, seems louder, and man, the power into the high end of the carb wow, thats pull away grunt on 200lbs!

Ildy666

800 + hours on stock gears.Man either you use ur car 8 hours a day every day or you like to exaggerate numbers.i just don't see how you an put all those hours on? Whatever but I believe those numbers aren't even half right.just my opinion.....

phreerider

i run daily and do full gallon days on most Fri/Sat/ Sun and its been a bad wind year so this has been my outlet and i usually kiteboard about 1000hrs/yr not including travel. I am the duty cycle guy on another forum...this one is no different except this forum has a commercial element. no exaggeration, i'm just a data guy with considerable time on my hands, my wife encourages my avocations, but the noise has made things challenging.

gears are solid man

check out my vimeo channel, 72+ videos which are mostly a private log, mixed in with sponsorship stuff, a little of topic but hopefully you'll see things differently. the relatively non bias info i provide thru my avocations is for the benefit for those who don't know in some cases its the manufacture/designer.

redcats have been fun, just adding to justification of bargain RC avenues as good choice over more expensive units . and selfishly a tow unit of merit.

its HERE for the tracking of my time enjoying this avocation.

phreerider

current pipe mount, last mount touched shock and boiled it out basically, and fresh MT rears should do well with out the heat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts