• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

its a MILE long so it takes a while to get it all in

phreerider

thanks man!

i get the full use of all the tracks in the early AM, no bikes up til about 11-12, but the small track is usually open rest of the day.

phreerider

right on! there is so much terrain here its difficult to choose where to go..a gallon later and i barely scratched the surface.

phreerider

prepping for track bash, found a shock blown out, the rod cap was loose so hopefully it will hold the fluid (silicone 3k all i had) kinda stiff but has smooth dampened action. we'll see, if anything it will get me through the weekend, leakout, maybe hold on. better than a dry beating.

but i need fresh rebuildable XB sized shocks (rear)... direction on "brand" would help lots of size choices and combos.

fairly tight with some mods so diameter sensitive, but work around if the right shocks prove best.

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

weekend action came to an end with heavy tire cake lashing on the drive train.

heavy rains previous day, not much standing water, but man, all sticky.

and looked like this

and the fx

here the obvious fracture, and the other side was worn with crack can be seen in image, the pin hole was worn a bit this diff cups have seen almost 400hours so not bad. well this also means i should swap the full set out for fresh.

and the look.

G

The cups held up fine with the sleeves so the next week point is the pin hole.

Have you tried heating them up to de-temper them?

phreerider

first round of failure. the regular stock are tool grade carbon content i assume. the "hardened" replacement options have been relaxed i assume as well and don't need a second slow heat cycle???

you are talking about the stock ones right?

the "hardened" stock replacements seem fine, do they require a slow heat cycle ? the drive line lash from the weight of the tire cake is just brutal...i either avoid damp conditions or MAKE something like a plow cleaner for the inner rim, thats an easy choice

phreerider

gotcha, i have not had much breakage but the bearing wear across the back is impressive. front diff/ bearings on the outdrives and hubs really seems to hold up, next tear down on the front will look for stress cracks , i have hardened parts across the back and regular across the front , also gonna do some rebuilds on cv in front before switching to FLM OR rear dogbones and drives. so many choices...i'm sure i 'll get to them all eventually.

shocks are starting to bleed!

phreerider

3 days full on at the MX track, a gallon + , AND what a bucket of broken diff cup drives.

the hardened diff cup dropped as quick as stock if not quicker!.

the big track eats them all! numerous 5-10 cartwheeler action. but none yielded a (imm.)failure. tire cake is conquered by mud flaps on the front, definitely an improvement with almost no build up. definitely brutal sessions.

thankfully with the 7075rc diff cases having the quick removal access, i can swap a diff cup/pin 10-15min. the tedious dirt dance is a field swap issue, but definitely have it mastered, because i'm gonna run! pics to follow with the BEST use for the rear wing yet.

phreerider

rear wing repurposed!

rear tire cake solution, took the rear wing cut the ends off, bolted them on the side skirts. perfect flex for full drops and blocks wet dirt from being loaded into rear wheel insides. came out real tough.

top view

side view

line of action

phreerider

thanks guys, the line of action shot tells the story, just wide enough to stop the direct blast, and the length was a first shot guess. one day i was scraping every 10 minutes, the next after the mod , nothing! full bottom slams all day no problem.

the rear wing just had more work to do ! love the parts with range!

phreerider

BertR said:
I tried something similar with blanket material from a printing press but was to flexible like the pitdawg mud guards
yeah has to be stiff but flex-n-tough for slams. prolly too stiff at first consideration but the angle allows easy lay back. the dirt blast off the tires has decent mass and speed so if its flimsy it'll blow it out the way.... a lexan body piece would do but crack fairly quick. the worst is wet rims(or damp dirt)--->dirt blast --->man its sticks and loads up, then the rear starts literally bouncing up and down with violent wobble and shake and the rip speed falls off in the wind up

phreerider

ATV park action was solid all weekend , fresh parts make a difference!

CVD rebuild at the 500hour mark still on stock with no failure, weekend ended with diff cup Fx on the front box, and looking at the cvd with rebuild kit in hand. quick and easy. had to smooth and refinish dog bone outdrive head at some lipped wear points, really nice rebuild super smooth. should see 1000hours for the dog bone !

looked something like this...

spindle has 300+hours , cvd has 500hours

BertR

It took 2 years to kill my first CVD hub ..went through 3 rebuild kits before the axle broke at the joint. It looks to me you got some good use out of it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts