• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Post your xbe chassis request and suggestions here.

Ol' fart

close

This is what i have so far.

You start with two shafts.

Then add the rest.

The spring is screwed onto the ball joint adapters and the ball joints

screwed into them. hard to see but they are the aluminum pieces inside the spring. The spring is very stiff and you still have good steering control but it absorbs the small shocks to the servo gears. Not sure what happens in a big accident but the spring will bend to 45 degrees one way. the other way stretches the spring. It should extend the life of your servo if you don't flip it thru the air on a regular bases. For the record the bearings are not installed

Ol' fart

good question. The chassis is about 12mm longer so the one that is 12mm longer than the stock front driveshaft is the one to get.

Knuckles

I don't think the longer one will hurt providing the motor mount sits the same way it did in the old chassis. I think ol'farts motor mount is a little taller than stock due to gearing options. So it is on a little more of an angle. That is my thought anyway, not sure it is right. Lol

Knuckles

Ol said:
This is what i have so far.You start with two shafts.

Then add the rest.

The spring is screwed onto the ball joint adapters and the ball joints

screwed into them. hard to see but they are the aluminum pieces inside the spring. The spring is very stiff and you still have good steering control but it absorbs the small shocks to the servo gears. Not sure what happens in a big accident but the spring will bend to 45 degrees one way. the other way stretches the spring. It should extend the life of your servo if you don't flip it thru the air on a regular bases. For the record the bearings are not installed
I want two please.

DUFFY

About the losi diff I think you should set it up with the brake servo mount right on the motor mount we can use the losi linkage or maybe you can just bend some up? I don't think it matters if we get the set up with the diff prebuilt or in a package or not if you have the option it might be nice so ppl could just buy from one place rather than search out the items one by one at another place. It is not a concern but if you had the whole set up you could regulate the quality control so you don't have to help inexperienced guys after they forget a shim or forget to use diff fluid.

If you can add the brakes with a servo mount directly on the mount that would take care of the problems. Linkage sould be easy you could fashion up some of your own of we could use the losi ones I think red cats linkage would works to. We would use losi or after market brake disks. 30 % more time plus we can just run rx batts for servos and either keep or ditch the bec since you can us the rx batts to power both the servos and esc, running life receiver packs over lipo reliefs all concerns as your esc will/ should return to zero throttle and put the brakes on. Lipo rx batts with simple inline regulators or a bec from the rx lipo just to keep the lipo lasting longer also work just as safely as far as your esc is concerned.

The 5 way mount from killerb rc will work great for the wiring and its oy 3 bucks or so and probly would be nice in the kit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts