• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Pics of XB v. XT tires

phreerider

Any pics of the stock tires side by side? I would like to get new and maybe step for more tire ...my bash spot is kinda rough .

G

The XB works great with Baja 5b size wheels tires. I run all fronts.

phreerider

so thats adapters + rims + tires, right? a little more height over width ..like the crawler type or sand rail type. just want something a little less soft..and more sidewall. maybe wider in the back . my knowledge of hpi /baja/ss /5b is poor can't discern models v.series much less tires... the adapter things only seem pretty specific. i know proline from old nitro stuff but thats 1/10...

do they come in sets with rims like stock rampage...the choices of tire/rim stuff is seems endless with the additional 1/8 scale 1/6, 1/10 mt ...hard to tell

so should i look at brand/style for adapter choices . i seem to be missing some fundamental choice parameters???

i guess adapters would be good start.

G

phreerider said:
so thats adapters + rims + tires, right? a little more height over width ..like the crawler type or sand rail type. just want something a little less soft..and more sidewall. maybe wider in the back . my knowledge of hpi /baja/ss /5b is poor can't discern models v.series much less tires... the adapter things only seem pretty specific. i know proline from old nitro stuff but thats 1/10...do they come in sets with rims like stock rampage...the choices of tire/rim stuff is seems endless with the additional 1/8 scale 1/6, 1/10 mt ...hard to tell

so should i look at brand/style for adapter choices . i seem to be missing some fundamental choice parameters???

There are many choices with the 24mm adapters. The tires on mine are Proline bowtie fronts for the 5b. The rears are the same height but wider. There are many manufactures, different compounds and foam stiffness.

oh yeah tight unit ! whats an XB G
That is an aftermarket body. It is by Grafil Bodies. XB-G is the body name.

andyken

phreerider said:
so thats adapters + rims + tires, right? a little more height over width ..like the crawler type or sand rail type. just want something a little less soft..and more sidewall. maybe wider in the back . my knowledge of hpi /baja/ss /5b is poor can't discern models v.series much less tires... the adapter things only seem pretty specific. i know proline from old nitro stuff but thats 1/10...do they come in sets with rims like stock rampage...the choices of tire/rim stuff is seems endless with the additional 1/8 scale 1/6, 1/10 mt ...hard to tell

The adapters are a great hop up.

I went with adapters and cheaper "clone" tires.

From a 4x4 Rovan T2000 [King Motor?]

They are a little bigger than stock, but the same front/rear size... with wider rears...

phreerider

nice pic! exactly what i needed andyken, thats a tire rim combo? kingmotors

dad, 24mm would like ramtech adapters? hpi, baja whats the difference make? model?brand ? series? or baja implies hpi is kinda what i sensing.

G

I use the term Baja because they were all originally designed for the Hpi Baja. Hpi, KM, MCD, Nutech, and now Losi all use the 24mm wheel hex. It has become the standard for 5th scale.

Keep in mind you get what you pay for in wheels and tires. Proline and Hostile will outlast the copy cats.

Either the Ramtech or the 7075RC wheel adapters will work. Both are 24mm hex.

phreerider

did back u down on the main gear any? any weight difference of consequence?

24mm def the size of choice, and the choices are a too many,, damn swallowed by choices again! once i get a feel for type of tire that suits my style of bashing i can make a premium choice..but for backup gear its an easy choice to have a variety. all fronts has me thinking, i really like the reach it projects. thanks for the brand delineation dad! i'm just not into the brands to discern things like that ...yet.

thanks for the direction! really helps sort this part out. thanks for the links

andyken

I know the name brands are better.

I just bash when I can, not racing, and so far 2 seasons they are still holding up.

I'd guess 3 gallons, and they do show some use, but so far so good for me.

G

did back u down on the main gear any? any weight difference of consequence?
You don't have to gear down for any of the Baja size wheels. If you haven't yet, install a 8000 rpm clutch set or spring it will help with the low end.

phreerider

just dropped in on a fresh bash site complete with soft and hard hill climb flavors... need to get up and on this...with the threads, so they screw on and have set screws?

G

The 7075RC adapters are threaded the Ramtech press on nice and snug. Both have set screws.

phreerider

this junk is on the way ...thanks for the help. the rims and wheels are huge option and ton choice. the pit i've been bashing has wide range of terrain. from super soft to crushed asphalt piles about 15-20ft. super harsh rattle to swallowed by fluff...fun but the favored shaded oval really has been inheavy rotation for the XB ... faster and friendlier for sure. hopefully the tires will float and soak up the range. i think going to MT style tire would kill the speed and snap. any way some pics once swapped out.

phreerider

did the swap adapters( thanks DAD, 7075rc) ...removing the stock set screws REQUIRES HEAT ! had to drill one out.

anyway the outer bearing on the axle mounts, those require regular attention! 2 where stuck...whats with the sloppy little cover thing. this could use some shims to engage axle race better behind the adapters(threaded version) definitely will have to revisit that. but slammed on the fresh tires!

holy crap the tires are HUGE. bash and pics today(kingmotors pioneers 7"x 3") medium to firm plenty of sidewall definitely gets the belly up ...kinda looks like small go kart now!

phreerider

super nice float over soft , little more bouncy but perfect for all around goes...actually will hold higher speed over softer stuff gets on top and wicks out quick.

certainly has more grip ..pulls me on my skateboard like a boss!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts